Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect Manager hangs after 1.1.5 update

switchroyale

Total Posts:  13

I upgraded to 1.1.5 a couple days ago and everything seemed fine. I saw the upgrade notice for 1.1.6 and went to the connect manager to check for upgrades but when I click on “Check for Upgrades” now the page just sits there. It says it’s loading but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Have you tried manually entering the extension key that upgrades Magento? Copy and paste the following:

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

Or if you have SSH access, do the following from the directory where Magento is installed:

./pear upgrade-all

Magento Community
Magento Community

switchroyale

Thanks for the reply, I tried pasting the key but I got the following error:

parsePackageName(): "stable " is neither a valid version nor a valid state in "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-stable "
invalid package name/package file "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-stable "
Cannot initialize 'connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-stable 'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-stable " is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, gave you the SSH command. Use this instead:

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

Magento Community
Magento Community

switchroyale

I tried pasting that key but got an error, I didn’t copy it but it said something like this:

Ignoring installed package magento-core/Mage_All_Latest
Nothing to install

But I did get 1.1.6 installed....

I went to the Magento Connect settings selected “Stable” and saved the settings....even though “Stable” was already selected. Went back and did a “Check for Upgrade” and it worked this time. Weird.

There is one module, however, that always fails when I do an upgrade. I get the following error:

ERRORAdding package connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Install_Default to registry failed

The version I have is: 1.0.19870.2
The latest stable version is: 1.1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gosha

Total Posts:  12

I got the similar error when u upgrading from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 with connection manager.

When I click for ‘Update’ I was redirected to Magento installation wizard (why actually, it isn’t a new installation, but just an update ?!).  In the first installation step I clicked on ‘Start the download process button’. Then I got the message “Ignoring installed package magento-core/Mage_All_Latest. Nothing to install” . When I click the “Continue Magento installation’ button , the installation procedure send me back to the first step with the ‘Start the download process button. So I’m hanging between two pages (see attachment). The worst is that when you try to open my site or admin console you will be redirected to magento wizard. As result - the site is unavailable !

Image Attachments
step2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

vawaver

Total Posts:  24
Blansko, Czech Republic

I have got the same problem.
I am trying to upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 via Connect Manager.
Obtained the same resutls as replies above mine.
How to fix it ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community