Magento Forum

Need to find a competent web designer to take over my site!!! 

sarahb

Total Posts:  24

I am on the look out for a company with knowledge of magento, plus who have more knowledge than making it look pretty.

Currently I have a site oscommerce, we was having this upgraded to magento so this has been created and our items have been added over the last 5 weeks, just our current designer feels he has done all he can do and does not know html ect in order to do fine details. Our oscommerce site is with another company who are not contactable so it is a bit of a mess. If there is anyone who thinks that they can help fine tune this mess out I would love to hear from you.....getting a bit stressed and need some advise....thanks downer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mixwiz

Total Posts:  39

Hi Sarah,

This post might get removed as you should have really posted this on the job board.  confused

I can do most things in Magento apart from one thing, but i wont go into that.

If you like you can send me a pm with your contact details and we can try and find a solution!

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Tr y the job board: http://www.magentocommerce.com/jobs or sites like Get a Freelancer dot com.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mixwiz

Total Posts:  39

J.T. - 19 September 2008 09:45 AM

Tr y the job board: http://www.magentocommerce.com/jobs or sites like Get a Freelancer dot com.

Hey J.T I tried your suggestion but failed rather bad!

I’ve also tried GAF as you mentioned and 6 programmers have failed do you think it might be impossible relating back to my other post? I would post it on the magento job board but i think $70 dollars is a little steep! shut eye

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

Thanks for that and I have just tried but $75 for the pleasure my goodness!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

If your current web designer knows anything about the industry he’s working in he should be able to edit minor tweaks here and there. Most of the things you want moved or tweaked is in the CSS files. Maybe a cheaper way would be to have your current web designer look into Magento’s structure. Magento was kind enough to offer a slew of information in the “Resource” section, there’s even a designers guide! Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

AS we have found out recently he has no knowledge html etc, plus he was not aware he would need to know this for doing the site, again we have onl just realised this so hense why I am on the look out!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

I can show details of site so far if anyone is able to host/continue design of our site! tongue rolleye

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Ah I see, PM me details and I’ll see if I can help. Keep in mind I’m a full time student, so unless its a small project with passive deadline then I’m afraid I wont have time for it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

ok thanks for that it something to concider!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

Still checking out whats out there if anyone has any more ideas, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community