Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

target="_blank” removed in form tag

lausianne

Total Posts:  82

I’d like the answer to form submission to be displayed in a new window. Therefore I added target="_blank" to the tag (I know, it’s deprecated, but anyway.)

When saving the code, target="_new" is automatically removed. Why’s that? Any suggestion for a fix?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Vee_

Total Posts:  46
Western Australia

I’m not understanding what your asking - what have you edited and how?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lausianne

Total Posts:  82

This is for a Cleverreach newsletter subscription. Cleverreach automatically creates the html code for subscription forms. I pasted that code into a CMS page in Magento. Basically it works. After submitting the filled in form, Cleverreach displays a confirmation. Fine, so far.

But the confirmation page replaces the Magento page. Instead, I’d like the confirmation to appear in a new window. Ideally the confirmation message would appear in the center column of the Magento page, but that would be more complex, I suppose.
The simplest solution, as far as I can tell, would be to add target="_blank" to the form tag. But target="_blank" is unfortunately removed from the html code when saving the page.

I believe a proper way to create a custom form would be to copy and adapt the built in Magento Contact Us form. This is an effort that I’d like to avoid.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vee_

Total Posts:  46
Western Australia

I wouldn’t have thought Magento would be stripping the target attribute out of the HTML, perhaps you need to look at your Rich Text Editor (RTE) for the culprit?

Some RTE’s will have this effect in an attempt to tidy up the code - it’s a good thing but perhaps hasn’t been setup for your specific needs in this instance. Review your RTE config or ask your favourite web studio to do it on your behalf.

Alternatively, you may be able to customise your Cleverreach confirmation page URL? If so, you could create a new page with the Magento CMS and link to it with Cleverreach.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community