Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Client deleted Categories… Can I get them back? 

riaondemand

Total Posts:  3

I have a client using my login and I believe he accidently deleted the categories. My question is, is there no way that I can import it from the db or are they now gone?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

I don’t believe there is a way to undelete a category per se, but one way to get back old information is to 1) restore to an earlier database.  (You DID back it up right before you went live, right?) or, if worse comes to worse, ask your hosting provider to restore yesterday’s (or whatever previous backup point) disk image.  That is about all you can do from what I understand.

You might want to review the permissions you are giving to your client, just to save them from themself, if you know what I mean.  They know not what they do sometimes!

GL!

Fred

Magento Community
Magento Community

riaondemand

Total Posts:  3

LOL “they know not what they do sometimes” I like that, too, too true Fred! Thanks I’ll contact my hosting company!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community