Magento Forum

Magento/SOAP API needs to delimit street 1 and street 2 - need help! 

Veraxus

Total Posts:  13

We’re trying to use eBridge to connect Magento to Peachtree - but we’ve run into a problem with the Magento API that eBridge connects to. While Magento accepts up to 2 streets for an address, when the API outputs the XML data for eBridge, the two streets are concatenated together. For instance, if we had an address like the following:

12345 Test Dr.
Apt #42

The xml for the street would look like:

<street>12345 Test Dr.Apt #42</street>

Now this is a serious problem because Peachtree needs BOTH Street 1 and Street 2 to be separate… and Magento seems to store this correctly (both streets are stored in the same text-type column using \n as a delimiter), but they output together incorrectly since the \n is stripped before the XML is generated.

Now, in order to get eBridge to put the correct information into the correct places in Peachtree, I need to find where this XML value is being processed and the \n stripped create separation between these two values somehow. I’m thinking we can possibly replace the \n with a pipe symbol as a delimiter within the existing <street> element so that eBridge can split those out on their end… but I haven’t the faintest idea WHERE to look in the code to do this. So far, nosing around the /app/code/core/Mage/Api/ folder hasn’t given me much in the way of leads.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need the api to split or delimit these two street values somehow (as humanly possible). Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Veraxus

Total Posts:  13

I’ve managed to figure out that

/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/etc/config.xml
is probably responsible for generating the api/web service output… but there are quite a few references to “street” in there. Now the problem is figuring out WHICH reference is the guilty party and what to change it to without breaking Magento. hmmm

Any thoughts? Anyone? Hello?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CartSpan

Total Posts:  32

Hello Veraxus,

You can find a bi-directional integration for Magento, built specifically for Peachtree, at:  CartSpan

The CartSpan integration handles the ‘street address’ concatenation issue you have indicated.  Also, as it has been built specifically for Peachtree it can be offered for a fraction of price eBridge asks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jugganaut

Total Posts:  17

Did you ever figure this out?  I’m having the same sort of trouble, but with ODBC connection via MySQL to UPS Worldship…

Magento Community
Magento Community

cmcd

Total Posts:  1

Hi

Did you guys manage to get this working?

I am looking for to get this sorted.

Do you know which file I need to edit?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community