Magento Forum

www.meanmachines.biz - aftermarket car accessories

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

So many tasks to complete, the site is keeping me very busy.. so for now a slightly modded blue theme does the job beautifully!
I have hit basic launch status. Watch this space, the site will be constantly evolving! smile

http://www.meanmachines.biz/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Very nice adaptation of an existing theme.

For SEO reasons, I would take all the text out of the images though. Your homepage has nothing to index for Google etc. Put all the category descriptions in real text and you’ll fare a lot better in Google/Yahoo etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

yepp you are right, and that is a consideration i have in mind. i was thinking of adding those descriptions to the category descriptions, thus covering that base.
n1 for the comments.. when you’re a one man band theres lots of tasks to tick off.. wink

the blue theme is excellent for me, and allows me to launch the site far quicker than if i have to customise it. the old site was also blue so this is a great advantage to minimise the time to market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coronac

Total Posts:  50
Florida

good work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

many thanks.. it really is hard work working on all the content and product elements, cross selling, upselling, related products etc etc.. tweaking the store to take advantage of all the features available in magento…

more progress has been made to the site (mainly descriptions and the aforementioned features). my theory is that the products and content should be up, live, well referenced and highly usable before an alternative theme is considered. the store should be online and as good as can be with a standard template.

for now, the blue theme is good and suits me very nicely.. allowing me to spend time getting the site more and more functional every day, and spending time and effort promoting it.. it really is a hard slog to get a store up and marketed.. but let’s hope it’s worth it!

no more ebay for me.. their management messed up big time and as a powerseller for 4 years i’m now website / adwords etc only. no more feeding the arrogant and mis-guided ebay monster!!

us ex-ebay powersellers will survive and thrive! google will get our advertising funds.
down with ebay, go magento!

http://www.meanmachines.biz

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community