Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I get blank screen when trying to login from backend. 

axaios4919

Total Posts:  1

I get blank screen when trying to login from backend. Somehow once safari threw me this error “Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.....”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.”

I can log in from frontend but the product page for each product doesn’t show any product details.

All this happened when i run:

PEAR Downloader
Now we want to initialize the PEAR registry and let Magento update anything in our database that needs to be updated:

./pear mage-setup .
./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest
Lastly, a little bit of cleanup:

rm -rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*
rm -rf magento/ magento-1.4.0.1.tar.gz
rm -rf index.php.sample .htaccess.sample STATUS.txt

as the magento wiki suggested. Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

taylorutah

Total Posts:  8
SLC, UT

same problem.

I receive this error once logged into the backend

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Adminhtml_NotificationController::_title() in /var/www/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/NotificationController.php on line 39

Magento Community
Magento Community

axaios

Total Posts:  6
Thessaloniki, Greece

OK solved it. Though I had to revert to an older backup. Don\’t know if the situation was irreversible though.

Instead of running:

PEAR Downloader
Now we want to initialize the PEAR registry and let Magento update anything in our database that needs to be updated:

./pear mage-setup .
./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest
Lastly, a little bit of cleanup:

rm -rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*
rm -rf magento/ magento-1.4.0.1.tar.gz
rm -rf index.php.sample .htaccess.sample STATUS.txt

I simply run

./pear mage-setup
./pear upgrade-all

It solved my initial problem which was incorrect paths in pear.ini and didn\’t create any additinal problems. Can login again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community