Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Output features for best sellers, newest items, etc

silent1643

Total Posts:  30

I know the newest items can be display but it is not display the correct way - ie most recent within the last x number of days instead of just showing products tagged “new from date”. Also the output for the current newest item code doesn’t display the most recent product from left to right.

Code for best sellers needs to be added. There might be already one hack in these forums but i rather not do a whole lot of code changes then update my install and loose everything. Magento needs to have the ability to be a mega power among other e-commerce platforms but also needs to be as stream lined as zen cart when it comes to creating a default front page.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello silent1643,

please check out Improved Sorting extension. It will let your customers easily sort items in your shop by date added, best sellers, reviews count, etc. Moreover, the module will enable you create product blocks using the sorting options and place these blocks on the homepage, for example.

Image Attachments
blocks1.pngdemo-sorting-navigation-labels.pngfrontend.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community