Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Outlook Displaying Transaction HTML E-Mails as Attachments

mikewhitby

Total Posts:  38

Hi all, I have a problem whereby outlook 2007 seems to be displaying transactional e-mails as attachments, rather than inline, I’m not sure if the problem is specific to the version of Outlook I’m running, does anyone else have this issue?

Image attached - cheers

Image Attachments
CropperCapture[2].jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PHOENIX
Guru

Total Posts:  549
Stuttgart, Germany

We’ve the same problem in an SBS environment. Do you use Outlook as standalone client (POP3) or with an Exchange mailbox?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikewhitby

Hi Björn, we are also using an SBS environment, the problem occured on an Exchange mailbox. The problem doesn’t occur on my gmail account. I’ll have to do some testing with POP3 on Outlook - I haven’t as yet had time. Have you done any additional testing in that respect?

Thanks for replying.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PHOENIX
Guru

Stuttgart, Germany

In our Exchange 2003 environment we don’t have this issue. The mails are displayed nicely. May be it’s really a SBS-only problem.

Since I don’t have direct access to the customer’s internal network, it would be helpful if you could make a POP3 test with an Outlook client that uses an Exchange mail account too (hopefully it’s only a client setting...).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Top Cat

Total Posts:  21

I am experiencing the same problem. We have an exchange server and I’m using Outlook 2007

Magento Community
Magento Community

PHOENIX
Guru

Stuttgart, Germany

@Top Cat: Can you tell us which version of the Exchange Server you have?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Twag

Total Posts:  7

Did any of you find a solution to this?

We use Outlook 2003 SBS and have the same problem where all mails are attached. When I receive mails on Outlook 2003 at private mail accounts (not SBS) it works fine and the content are shown inline. It also works perfectly at Gmail, Hotmail etc.

I’ve search for days for a solution to this, but without any luck. I’ve read this old MS Article, but can’t figure out if it has something to do with that:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323482/

Earlier I also had a problem that all mails received only by the SBS environment showed characters as € and £ wrong, but fixed that by applying:  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> :at the top of all Transactional E-mails.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikewhitby

Twag: That’s helpful regarding the weird characters glitch - I’m getting that too. Thanks for that

We use Exchange 2003 on SBS, we also have a tool to add signatures to e-mails called Exclaimer, I believe it checks incoming also so it might be affecting things. Does anyone else have Exclaimer installed?

I have checked using a POP3 box on my Outlook (which has the issue), and things are fine, so it is Exchange or Exclaimer messing with something I believe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Twag

Total Posts:  7

No, we don’t use Exclaimer or anything else that I think could conflict and I believe it’s SBS that’s the problem.

The POP3 you used was that an external acount, or an account set up at the Exchange server? If it’s an outside mail-account from an outside provider I belive it won’t be influenced by the problem with the SBS, but my knowledge about this is unfortunately limited - but the problem is still there for us…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mschaefer

Total Posts:  4

Hi,
we have the same problem here with our SBS2003 environment and Outlook 2003.
Does anybody found a solution for the probelm?

Thx Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community