Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect Manager error

Azim

Total Posts:  97
NY, USA

Hello,
I am a newbie to Magento, but have tried osCommerce.
I have installed a clean copy of Magento 1.1.4 version and everything in ok except for this error.
Wheni go to the Magento connect manager and it asks me to login with admin login info and i did
And got the following error message. any help please.

Exception caught:

Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Registry.php on line 772

Backtrace:
#0 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Registry.php(772): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘php_uname() has...’, ‘/home/user/...’, 772, Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Registry.php(1442): PEAR_Registry->_lock()
#2 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(157): PEAR_Registry->channelExists(1)
#3 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(126): Maged_Pear->getRegistry(’connect.magento...’)
#4 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(71): Maged_Pear->getConfig()
#5 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(77): Maged_Pear->__construct()
#6 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(34): Maged_Pear->getInstance()
#7 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(106): Maged_Model_Pear->pear()
#8 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(344): Maged_Controller->pearPackagesAction()
#9 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(164): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#10 /home/user/public_html/store/downloader/index.php(29): Maged_Controller::run()
#11 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Azim

Total Posts:  97
NY, USA

any help please! will be appreciated. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

get2knowjb

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same problem. With the requirements for ecommerce merchants to meet PCI compliance having user directories enabled so they can be accessed by a ~ in the url is flagged as a security vulnerability aswell in general it is a general good practice security measure to disable such so I imagine this has to do with php_uname.

I would really like this to get addressed by the magento community because i would imagine the problem will be occurring more frequently.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community