Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Magento PHP 5.3

ilib

Total Posts:  49
Москва

There are a lot of errors in MagentoConnect. For example:

Exception caught:

Unknown error (8192): Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/magento.loc/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 592

I fixed 20 or 30 files using intermediate variables. If someone is interesting I can post those files here.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JBX11

Total Posts:  2
Moscow

i got the same problem. Post those files plz.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Niekos

Total Posts:  15

I am interested as well, could you post the files please? Or is a patch alreaydy available from magento? I could not find one yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ilib

Total Posts:  49
Москва

See attached file. Please backup all the files of magento installation and unzip this file into magento directory.

I possibly missed some files that were not used yet by magento and I have not received error message.
The following changes were done:
-

split
changed to
explode
-
$var = & new some_object()
changed to:
$var1 some_object();
$var = &$var1;

Possibly some files in this zip archive were not modified at all. I just sorted the files by modification date and saved recently modified. You can compare them with initial ones

File Attachments
magento.PHP.5.3.zip  (File Size: 1524KB - Downloads: 2178)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark1inLA

Total Posts:  3

By the bugs being marked “Resolved”, does that mean that Magento will forever be stuck at PHP 5.2.x? Ouch to this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Niekos

Total Posts:  15

Thanks, I will try this!

ilib - 02 September 2009 02:15 AM

See attached file. Please backup all the files of magento installation and unzip this file into magento directory.

I possibly missed some files that were not used yet by magento and I have not received error message.
-

split
changed to
explode
-
changed to:
$var1 some_object();
$var = &$var1;

Possibly some files in this zip archive were not modified at all. I just sorted the files by modification date and saved recently modified. You can compare them with initial ones

Magento Community
Magento Community

primecollc

Thank you for the info regarding installing using php 5.3, however I am stuck and could use a little help.

I have just finished the db configuration step of installation, and when I click to continue with installation, expecting to go to the admin info page, I get the following:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

It is just a continuous loop and I am unable to figure out what its going to take to remedy. 

I am running WAMP 2.0, PHP 5.3, Apache Version 2.2.11, MySQL Version 5.1.36 on WIndows 7.

I have checked and I could swear that it says I am allowing cookies.  Any help would be appreciated.

This is all on localhost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

firewizard

Total Posts:  43
Bucharest, Romania

if you’re using “localhost”, than that’s the problem - there’s a topic on this forum about it, but briefly, you’d have to edit your hosts file and add something like
localhost.local 127.0.0.1 (any name that has at least one dot works fine).

Magento Community
Magento Community

primecollc

firewizard - 14 September 2009 10:07 PM

if you’re using “localhost”, than that’s the problem - there’s a topic on this forum about it, but briefly, you’d have to edit your hosts file and add something like
localhost.local 127.0.0.1 (any name that has at least one dot works fine).

I found that post you were referring to, copied and pasted what was said into my host file and nothing changed

127.0.0.1 magento.localhost.com http://www.localhost.com

But in my host file, using Windows 7, there is something that I noticed that may present a problem and that I am unfamiliar with...I don’t recall this bit in XP:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Perhaps changing from DNS to Open DNS would resolve it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

firewizard

Total Posts:  43
Bucharest, Romania

i’m not sure how w7 handles dns, but i suppose hosts file still does the job. i assume you reconfigured & accessed your magento installation using magento.localhost.com, right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sisieko

Total Posts:  62
nyc

-

split
changed to
explode
-
changed to:
$var1 some_object();
$var = &$var1;

this did it for me. thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jdesign

Total Posts:  3

sisieko - 25 September 2009 06:31 AM

-
split
changed to
explode
-
changed to:
$var1 some_object();
$var = &$var1;

this did it for me. thanks!

and me too...thanks grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

albertocs

I have looked using BBEdit for all the PHP split calls, there are about 25. I am doing a Grep search with pattern “\s\bsplit\(”. That is, a blank character, a word delimiter, the word split and the opening parenthesis. If you only look for “\bsplit\(” you’d get all the JavaScript calls to the split method. Those would typically start with a period, hence the space. Finally I went and checked the php and js just in case with the less restricting condition and I found one PHP split of the form “(split(” that had escaped my original search. All this is not a big deal and can be accomplished in 1/2 hour.

I applied the changes to the __toString function mentioned above (change to __invoke) and I am testing now. So far so good. I am also using XMAPP in Mac OS X since MAMP did not have some PHP modules and it is kind of a pain to add them to their installation. The drawback of XAMPP is that it installs PHP 5.3.

I will not take sides on the argument of whose fault it is (Varien or PHP), however I did not like that issues that clearly had not been resolved (look in previous posts) were marked as “resolved” and closed in the Magento bug reports. That is unprofessional. Magento as it is shipped does not work with PHP 5.3.

If you are really stuck I may post more details here. Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

steppppo

Total Posts:  7

For what it’s worth, I FINALLY got Magento working on my local machine with Wampserver and PHP 5.3.

Had to use the new 1.4 alpha version of Magento. Kept getting stuck in an endless loop before when I entered my DB info (I was trying to install Magento 1.3.2.4)

In any event, hope this helps some folks. I know you can’t use it on a live site but I needed a local copy and I spent several hours trying to figure out what the problem was before I figured out it was PHP 5.3 and Magento.

Happy trails.

Magento Community
Magento Community

delirtenadam

Total Posts:  8

naujasdizainas.lt - 06 August 2009 10:54 AM

Phil Freo - 03 July 2009 09:03 AM
Another bug report about it: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=6662
This one is currently “assigned”

does not the whole code, but try to change in file /lib/Varien/Object.php on line ~ 484

public function ___toString(array $arrAttributes = array(), $valueSeparator=',')

To this (change ___toString to __invoke

public function __invoke(array $arrAttributes = array(), $valueSeparator=',')

And in file /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 274

$host split(':'$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

to

$host explode(':'$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);

split to explode

very very thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4