Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help…How to remove Index of /

sholmes1

Total Posts:  1

Dear Magento family:
I’m a newbie in every sense of the word. I thought I was particulary computer savvy until I tried to install Magento and a website template on my own. What a wake up call. i have a new appreciation for website designers, programmers, and developers. After a week of troubleshooting and finding a host better than Godaddy (i hope...Crucial Host still hasn’t responded to my trouble ticket), I think I have the template and magento set up. However, when you visit my site: http://www.simplyfabgifts.com , you go to a page titled “index of / “, then the files are listed below. when you click on magento you see the template. i’ve read a few blogs elsewhere that mentioned something about index, but I see those files in Filezilla, but I don’t understand what Im supposed to do with them. I took all the files out of the magento folder in cpanel (as i was instructed by the “tech” support at template monster.com), but that caused the site not to work and I had to do everything all over again. Please help (and please be gentle - my first time using cpanel and filezilla was last Wednesday. This is all so new to me.)

Thank you,
Sarah

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jmjack

Total Posts:  1

As this page comes up in Google first for this issue here I repeat the solution:
change permission
/magento/index.php to 755
/magento/install.php to 755
/downloader/index.php to 755

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

The solution is correct. The only thing to add is to check if there is the idex.php file in general or maybe, you have removed it by chance. But most likely, the problem is connected with the permissions to those files that are showed in the previous answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community