Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

upgrade via magento connect? 

silent1643

Total Posts:  30

keep seeing the phrase “upgrade on magento connect”
but i dont see anything that will allow a core update

what the hell am i doing wrong? i checked the wiki for upgrading via magento connect and it is very vague…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

silent1643

figured out some problems that i fixed

changed permissions on my downloader folder to 777

commented out this line in my php.ini
; disable_functions = exec,system,dl,passthru,chown,shell_exec,popen,proc_open

now at the least see available updates, just waiting on the manager to stop preparing to updates

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Are you still having trouble upgrading? If so, you don’t have to select all of the packages that have updates available, just select Mage_All_Latest and upgrade that, it will upgrade everything else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent1643

i did the mage all latest and got

“downloading Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6.tgz (1,012 bytes)
. ...done: 1,012 bytes
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6”

Refreshed the page, and all the packages are still listed.
Tried again with the same outcome

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent1643

okay it seemed to be upgrade now, showing the latest 1.1.6 version on the front page and in the admin its just not clearing out the packages in the downloader

also there are some style issues on images, i will pm you the link and make a new thread for this issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Try refreshing your cache (main cache, rewrites, images, and layered nav). See if that helps.

As for the styling issues, were you making theme changes in the default folder, or did you create your own theme (or at the very least, copy the default directory and rename it to something else)?

If you did not make a new theme or copy the default theme and rename it, most likely some of your templates have been changed through the upgrade. I would suggest restoring a backup to before the upgrade, copying the default theme and renaming it to something else, switching over to that theme and then upgrading again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent1643

i haven’t made any style changes other than what is seen on the front page
i will try what you said

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

Total Posts:  15

Another topic about the same issue: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17990/

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent1643

fixed my css issues by overriding my current frontend/default folder with one from the 1.1.6 version, all seems okay now..  i hope

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kelvin Jones

Total Posts:  6

I’m wondering if this feature is what I am looking for?

Can you apply minor updates to a Magento store by using Magento Connect and an extension key?

The first time I trialled Magento my client got annoyed with all the Minor update messages, and I got fed up of deciphering the the DIFF files and making the changes manually, or downloading the full installation again and copying over the new updated files. But with Magento Connect can they just be applied using an extension key? With the odd one needing a little more work, when modules needing switching off first or it affect the Magento Connect files themselves.

Image Attachments
minor-update-available.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community