ddupit

Total Posts:  17
miami

-

This definitely worked for me!

Please backup before making any changes

1. Go to you cpanel
2. Locate and login to your Myphpadmin
3. Click on to your database in the top left-hand corner.
4. locate and click on \’catalogrule_product_price\’ in the left-hand column

5.  On the top main menu tabs, click on to the \’Empty\’ tab with the small bin icon
6. A pop up message will appear.

Do you really want to :
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalogrule_product_price`

Click \’Ok\’ to empty

This should fix the problem.

THANK YOU.
This has been pissing me off for the past 3 days. For some of you who may still experience problems like me, you may have to \"repeat and rinse\” this process with the other catalogrule tables. (catalogrule catalogrule_product)

or do it in one swoop as suggested early on through the sql statement:

TRUNCATE `catalogrule`;
TRUNCATE `catalogrule_product`;
TRUNCATE `catalogrule_product_price`;

I think the problem was for me was that my catalog is so big that when processing these actions, or doing multiple admin actions in other tabs (i do it for more efficiency since magento admin is so uber duber fast) it would time me out or log me out in the middle of the process leaving the rules in database limbo.

This is in v1.3.2.4 BTW.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VANETREG

Total Posts:  5

I’m not a developer so I’m sorry for the vocabulary smile

I figured out that there are product attributes “price” and “price.final”
You import or edit “price” in admin but cannot modify “price.final” there.
“price.final” is determined from “price” by the catalog price rules and if later some catalog price rule is deleted and deletion applied then
“price” is set back to the orifinal value but “price.final” IS NOT !

I solved the problem this way: created a catalog price rule applied for all products and gave a discount of 0% !
This way I set all “price.final” to the value of “price” and it works smile

I hope it helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

shahi2k2

VANETREG - 30 June 2011 10:46 AM

I’m not a developer so I’m sorry for the vocabulary smile

I figured out that there are product attributes “price” and “price.final”
You import or edit “price” in admin but cannot modify “price.final” there.
“price.final” is determined from “price” by the catalog price rules and if later some catalog price rule is deleted and deletion applied then
“price” is set back to the orifinal value but “price.final” IS NOT !

I solved the problem this way: created a catalog price rule applied for all products and gave a discount of 0% !
This way I set all “price.final” to the value of “price” and it works smile

I hope it helps smile

Your Idea worked great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cwsthailand

Total Posts:  7

Very interesting to see, that this huge bug is still not fixed in version 1.5.1.0 !!!!!!!
I can\’t understand how this can be? It was in a cliebts live system, he could have lost some money, thanks to the bug.
One thing is for sure: We will never recomend any client to use Magento in a productive system.
Oxid and Prestashop are by far the better option.

Edit:

If someone else also got this problem, you also have to check the table catalog_product_index_price.
Luckily my client got just 2 different prices, if you have plenty of different prices, you can change it all by hand or write a script for that.
You have to update final_price, min_price & max_price, not sure if it’s enough just to empty those fields.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andy_I

In case anyone else stumbles across this thread, further to ddupit’s post it’s also worth checking out catalogrule_group_website table, as this might need rows deleting from it as well, in order to prevent discounts ‘re-appearing’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redlights

Total Posts:  15

cwsthailand - 11 May 2012 08:03 AM

Very interesting to see, that this huge bug is still not fixed in version 1.5.1.0 !!!!!!!
I can\’t understand how this can be? It was in a cliebts live system, he could have lost some money, thanks to the bug.
One thing is for sure: We will never recomend any client to use Magento in a productive system.
Oxid and Prestashop are by far the better option.

Edit:

If someone else also got this problem, you also have to check the table catalog_product_index_price.
Luckily my client got just 2 different prices, if you have plenty of different prices, you can change it all by hand or write a script for that.
You have to update final_price, min_price & max_price, not sure if it’s enough just to empty those fields.

I was afraid to change and damage the tables on catalog_product_index_price so i went to the product on Magento Admin and on the tab Prices, i removed the date on Special Price, and this worked!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3