Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
can’t remove rules catalog since 1.1.6 (very urgent please !!! :( :(

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I just had this problem in 1.1.8 as well.  I created a catalog price rule, applied it, deleted it, and yet now all of the products still have the rule applied.

[L]

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

brendan. -

BUT the table “catalogrule_product_price” still had the entries in the db.
So i just deleted these entries from the table “catalogrule_product_price” and now its calculating the old price “pre-price” rules.
might be helpfull for someone later

Yep, that was helpful.  I used PHPMyAdmin to empty (truncate) the catalogrule_product_price file and my prices are now back to normal.

Thanks Brendan.

[L]

Magento Community
Magento Community

superdry9

Total Posts:  8

frostbytes - 27 February 2009 11:08 AM

brendan. -

BUT the table “catalogrule_product_price” still had the entries in the db.
So i just deleted these entries from the table “catalogrule_product_price” and now its calculating the old price “pre-price” rules.

Yep, that was helpful.  I used PHPMyAdmin to empty (truncate) the catalogrule_product_price file and my prices are now back to normal.

Thanks Brendan.

[L]

Hi

I am having the same issue but I am not a developer. Can you tell me how I do the above step by step please?

Thanks
H

Magento Community
Magento Community

superdry9

brendan. - 10 February 2009 03:29 AM

Hi All,

FYI
running 1.2.0.3
Added 2 rules in Catalog Price Rules. These worked ok, but i then deleted the rules.
When i ran the same test on the front end, i still had the rule show up (applying a new/special price)
So looking at the db, the tables “catalogrule”, “catalogrule_affected_product”, “catalogrule_product” these had no entries at all. BUT the table “catalogrule_product_price” still had the entries in the db.

Hi,

I am having the same issue - can you or someone please tell me exactly how to do the above as I am not a developer… I am not sure how to edit the file? Or where to find it?

Thanks
H

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,

you need to use phpmyadmin.

You should through your hosting control panel (cpanel or plesk) have access to the database. This will open up myphpadmin from there you can select the table and truncate

note: please backup yuor database before attempting this. Better if you have a development site. Test out on your dev site first

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

superdry9

Thanks Brendan - the guys at my hosting company were kind enough to do it for me and the issue is resolved. Phew ... I think we are almost ready to go live now - if no more issues come up!

Thanks Again

Regards
Hitesh

Magento Community
Magento Community

express33

Total Posts:  52

thanks this helped!

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

im kinda surprised this is still happening.
weird

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tempertemper

Total Posts:  2

This definitely worked for me!

Please backup before making any changes

1. Go to you cpanel
2. Locate and login to your Myphpadmin
3. Click on to your database in the top left-hand corner.
4. locate and click on ‘catalogrule_product_price’ in the left-hand column

5.  On the top main menu tabs, click on to the ‘Empty’ tab with the small bin icon
6. A pop up message will appear.

Do you really want to :
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalogrule_product_price`

Click ‘Ok’ to empty

This should fix the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

Total Posts:  40

All of this didn’t work for me. In the database these rules were empty, but in category view special prices still showed up. I ended up deleting the following rules in app/design/frontend/default/modern/template/catalog/product/price.phtml:

<a href="<?php echo $_product->getProductUrl(); ?>” class="minimal-price-link">
<span class="label"><?php echo $this->__('As low as:') ?></span>
<span class="price" id="product-minimal-price-<?php echo $_id ?><?php echo $this->getIdSuffix() ?>"><?php echo Mage::helper('core')->currency($_minimalPriceDisplayValue,true,false) ?></span>
</a>

Not the best solution, so I am eager to hear a real solution to this problem!

Magento Community
Magento Community

len3121

Total Posts:  35

I deleted all tables mentioned in this thread from the database and on product pages the prices are back to normal. But on category pages the “Special Price” is still showing up for simple products (not happening on grouped products). I have cleared cache, rebuilt index, flat category & flat product but special price still showing up on category views.

I notice that if I go in to a specific product and just save it again (without changing anything) the “special price” of that particular product disappears from the category view. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of “special price” without having to go through a few thousand products and re-save each one manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rsskga

Total Posts:  30
San Francisco

Was having the same problem. Banged my head against the wall for ages… thinking it was a problem with my cron job (and may still be somehow). I tried truncating the catalogrule tables to no effect, so then exported and re-imported a csv of my products. This fixed my current problem, but the whole ordeal was a VERY UNPLEASANT surprise.

If this feature DOES REQUIRE special consideration to edit later via cron job or whatever, that should be stated as a warning in the Catalog Rule panel!

Magento Community
Magento Community

len3121

Total Posts:  35

I ended up going through and just re-saving all simple products and that has been fine so far. A new problem showed up though. Out of nowhere a few days ago grouped products are now showing an incorrect “starting at” price as they are taking the 10% discount into account.  Again the price on the product page is fine, but i can imagine customers getting pissed when they see starting at $90 only to get to the product page and have the minimal price be $100.

I have a feeling this has to do with cron jobs as well, since everything was fine a few days ago, but i have no clue how to go about altering/fixing that so I guess i’ll have to re-save all products that are the first item of a grouped product since I dread having to re-import everything knowing all the problems it can cause, especially during a peak time for our site.

If anyone has any other ideas or knows how to stop the specific cron job that is affecting me from running I would be most grateful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mennoo

Total Posts:  15

I wanted to remove the catalog price rule for a certain category without affecting all the other price rules. I managed to do it like this:

by selecting all the products in this category
select update attributes
give all products a fictionary special price and set the end date for this price rule to yesterday.

After this the normal prices apply and show. Hooray for workarounds

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

created the rule, applied it, deleted the rule, clicked apply, discount sticks in frontend. deleted all cache, no effect.
lol

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3