Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Per-product shipping rates

webrightnow

Total Posts:  65
Glasgow

I know this request has been posted a million times, but all the more reason for discussing it again.
I think this is a serious shortcoming of this otherwise brilliant ecommerce platform.
It really is a mystery why per-product shipping isn’t a standard Magento feature when I am sure it would be quite simple to implement and it applies to so many different real-life situations.
How many stores actually sell items that all cost the same amount to ship? And why are we forced to set complicated table rates according to weight, size and quantity when it would be so much simpler to add a field for each individual product named “shipping rate”?
Browse the web for “Magento per-product shipping” and you will find thousands of companies looking for this feature and offering hundreds of dollars to PHP developers to come up with a solution.
I understand that there are a few commercial extensions available for this purpose, but Magento is first and foremost an open-source platform and basic features such as this should be included.
I think it’s time to put some pressure on the very talented Magento team to finally implement this. Am I being unreasonable?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

We don’t offer anything in the free space, but have a number of commercial extensions covering the shipping via Product capability - I believe we are the largest Shipping extension site on Magento.

I’d like to clarify that the reason we charge is simply so we can provide a good service to our customers, who obviously tend to be businesses. We don’t leave our customers with extensions and no support, and although I’ve got involved in the community space (Matrixrate has had over 11000 downloads) I’ve found that I couldnt offer the level of support people wanted at no cost.

The extensions that are most widely used in this are area:

1) Productmatrix - for custom table rates

2) Shipping Override - for use in interaction with live rates (e.g. if you want to offer flat rate shipping on selected items, but UPS on others)

If you wish to discuss your requirements either contact us via chat on webshopapps.com or drop me an email at .

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

We’ve actually put out an extension that simply allows you to specify a flat rate for an individual product.  We also think that this really should be included in Magento’s core feature set.  We’ve had so many requests from our own clients, that we thought it would be a good idea to just build one.  We kept it cheap so everyone can have access to it.  Here’s the link:  http://store.redstage.com/flat-rate-shipping-per-product.html.  Also open to suggestions on additional functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

Hi there!

We have an update!  Now, we have an extension that overrides calculated shipping per product.

Calculated Shipping per Product Override

I hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

Have a look at this extension http://amasty.com/shipping-per-product.html. Its features include:

- Indicate individual flat shipping rate for each product
- Forget about incorrect shipping rates
- Use default rate for the products without individual one
- Accurate data migration
- Ability to specify minimal and maximal margins

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community