Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
bundled product displays wrong price in new products block

bonhommie

Total Posts:  60

I have been using the new products block since magento 1.0
I recently upgraded to 1.1.4 and now 1.1.6 and still have this problem - a bundle product which has price $0.00 and then due to the associated products, it is $15.00 displays as $0.00 in the new products block.
my code on my homepage cms is

{{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new"  template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

which displays other products right except bundle products. The bundle products have the right prices in the category pages but not when I include them in a block. In fact, each associated product automatically has the bundle product as an “upsell” and it also has the right price shown.
I have combed the files and they all have the same code

echo $this->getPriceHtml($_product)
or
echo $this->getPriceHtml($_producttrue)
where it pulls the price, but it seems the new products block is pulling the base price, while others pull the configured price. please see images below.

image 1 - new products block on homepage
image 2 - as an upsell in associated product view page
image 3 - in the category

thanks!

Image Attachments
bundle_front.JPGproduct_view.JPGcategory_view.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Total Posts:  37

Did you find a solution for this?
I have the same problem, which I need to fix before going live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bonhommie

Total Posts:  60

no i didn’t.
I had to take it off my homepage. I haven’t checked for a solution since then

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Just FYI, this was supposed to be fixed in 1.1.7 and at present I am running on 1.1.8 and the problem still exists.
95% of my stores items are bundles, which means my frontpage looks ridiculous with items at 0.00 price.

I either have to chose to display them anyway like that, or have virtually no items on my frontpage.

So disappointed with Varien about this, especially after a promise of “it will be fixed” two patches ago.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptorious

Total Posts:  3

I am running version 1.1.8 but the problem still exists. How can we fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nekosan

Total Posts:  32

I have the same problem but…

The idea with bundles is that at least one of the bundle items is required.
So set at least 1 item to be required.

Then, the default quantity for all should be 1 (or whatever quantity you want, but not 0, sinze 0 x price = 0)

Since none of your bundle items are required, the price starts at 0 (zero). That is pretty normal

Since none of them is required, it sets the price for 0, cause that’s the minimum, right?
And since none of them is required, then why would you use bundles anyway? Just create a simple product, and add the rest as cross-sells so that they show up on the same page as related products.

Anyway, always set at least 1 bundle item as required, and add a default quantity for all >= 1 and you’re good to go. No more 0 prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

You seem to be presumptious to the fact we havent already done this, which I have.
If this hadnt been done then the prices would be “0.00” everywhere on the site, which isnt the case.

Only bundle items displayed on the homepage have this problem.
Varien also replied to the bug tracker that this was a bug that would be fixed in the next patch (1.1.7) which it wasnt as it seems.
I am running 1.1.8 and it very much still exists.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptorious

The problem does exists, please look at the attached screenshot.

Image Attachments
sample_error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanomainardi

Total Posts:  22

I have the same problem.

In my layered navigation, the price is completely broken i can see only O€ - 1€, but i have only bundle products from 100$ to 2000$.
Also in the advanced search the search by price for bundle products does not work, i can’t search the product prices with bundles, for me is a disaster because my customer depends only on bundle products.

During the development I have not considered the possibility of this terribly bug, i had taken for granted that everything worked normally.

Now : i have tested with simple product and the search by price and layered navigation is ok, but we can fix this for bundle products?

Now i’m running in a 1.1.6 enviroment, but i’ve tested with a fresh clean new copy (1.1.8) and the bug is “alive”.

i hope that someone can enlighten us. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

This is the same for us, 90% of our products are bundles.
The fact we only see this once the entire site has been built is very frustrating.

Now it has been months and Varien are not responding that this is still an existing bug, which makes me think we are going to have to go with another ecommerce package, but we really dont have time to start from scratch again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanomainardi

Total Posts:  22

But it is possible that no one has the same problem or know how to fix it?

I’m beginning to think that Magenta was not a good choice in the current state of development.

I hope that someone in Varien read this thread and we know give some information

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptorious

With the new version 1.2.0.1 it seems to work (please note: you should install the upgrade by installing ‘magento-core/Mage_All_Latest’ not by running check for updates).

Magento Community
Magento Community

shihab-alain

Total Posts:  2

I encountered this same problem- I fixed it by using the “Layout Update XML” in the “Custom Design” tab where I edit my home page. The XML was already there- just commented out. Try the following code. Note that it updates the price template for Bundle items:

<reference name="content">
<
block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page">
<
action method="addPriceBlockType">
<
type>bundle</type>
<
block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block>
<
template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template>
</
action>
</
block>
</
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

malpayne

Total Posts:  15

shihab-alain, this looks like the default code…

Magento Community
Magento Community

exerion

Total Posts:  8

I’m using Magento ver. 1.3.2.3 and I’m also having this problem with my bundled products viewed on my homepage…

Regular Price: US$ 0.00

Special Price: US$ 9.90

Should be…

To: US$ 39.90

None of my products are on special. Prices are fine when looking at the category and in layered navigation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

exerion

Total Posts:  8

Has anyone had any success with showing bundled products on their homepage with the correct price at all? How?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3