Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
PayPal IPN Not Working on 1.4.0.1

oldboy

Total Posts:  80

Some people suggested that the IPN url have changed to http://www.yoursite.com/paypal/ipn/standard/

But this url does not exist after upgrade.

Is anyone using Paypal IPN successfully on 1.4.0.1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Yes the URL has changed - Mine is working fine with the new URL

Oddly it worked sometimes with the old URL

Regards
John

Magento Community
Magento Community

templatemela

Total Posts:  22
India

It is now
www.yourstore.com/paypal/ipn/standard/

in 1.4
Also check this
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/paypal_standard_payments_setup_with_ipn

Magento Community
Magento Community

templatemela

Total Posts:  22
India

It is now
www.yoursite.com/paypal/ipn/standard/

in 1.4
Also check this
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/paypal_standard_payments_setup_with_ipn

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldboy

Should the new path be visible via ftp?

I dont have these directories when browsing via ftp.

Also i downloaded the full Magento package but there is no paypal directory there????

Image Attachments
screenshot.47.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

anjordan77

Total Posts:  79

Mine seems to still show customers successful checkout and pop their order up as Pending when payment is not received thru paypal.  It is not putting the Billing Address information into the transaction but only shipping. 

1.4.0.1 version

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldboy

anjordan77 - 30 April 2010 08:23 AM

Mine seems to still show customers successful checkout and pop their order up as Pending when payment is not received thru paypal.  It is not putting the Billing Address information into the transaction but only shipping. 

1.4.0.1 version

Can you see the paypal path via ftp??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sheri

Total Posts:  26
Tennessee

Same issue I think. I am getting AVS failure from Paypal Payment Pro when the shipping and billing differ because the code is throwing Paypal the shipping info only. Any resolution yet? Where the dickens is the code that controls that and what do I do to change it? Version 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldboy

After the upgrade i also have to capture all payements mamually in Paypal account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sheri

Tennessee

I used the above mentioned fix for everything. The only problem now is that it was still failing AVS when using Paypal Payements Pro Direct, when the billing address and shipping address are not the same.Obviously the info being sent to Paypal is only the shipping address. I found the file app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Direct.php and changed line 237 to getbillingaddress. Now I pass AVS, and the shipping address is correct on my side, but Paypal is now getting the billing address as the shipping address. I don’t know how to alter the code to send both addresses to Paypal correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

oldboy - 06 May 2010 04:08 AM

anjordan77 - 30 April 2010 08:23 AM

1.4.0.1 version

Can you see the paypal path via ftp??

At least in 1.3.x this isn’t a real location, htaccess rewrites the URL. So it’s not meant to be found via FTP. I doubt that has changed in 1.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sheri

Tennessee

So, how do we get the correct billing address to Paypal rather than them getting the shipping address as the billing address? I mean I figured out how to send them the billing, but sacrificed the shipping address being carried over to the Paypal payment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pavithra

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I am using paypal with a fresh installation of Magento 1.4.01 I have followed all steps that was said for configuration. But still Paypal is not seen as an option in the checkout page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

perfica3

Total Posts:  1

Just found that if you have a multilanguage site your url should include your language path or it simply doesnt work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamy3ek

Total Posts:  4

Hi!
I have problem with sipping adress. When I bay a product and paid with paypal after preload display error:
Unable to process payments. Contact the merchant, because he sent the shipping address is incorrect, and asked the merchant to send your order to this address.

how can I fix this problem? my magento is 1.4.0.1

It’s strange, becouse if I tested my paypal account on oldest magento version, it’s working right :/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcdrenalynn

Total Posts:  14

@perifca3, if multilanguage how should the url path look?  I have 3 languages, 2 of which are disabled, however no ipn is coming back from paypal when set up for www.mystore.com/paypal/ipn/standard/. 

I’ve heard these issues are addressed in 1.4.1, has anyone with this problem upgraded?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2