Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

import product csv stalls but does import some of the product

karros

Total Posts:  5

Hi

Im using version 1.1.6.
I exported all products. opened it in excel, remove the data and fill it with new data.
5 products.
I import, everything ok.

now i take it a step further and try to import 48 products
first 1 delete all products, so 0 products in catalog
import stalls.... does not go further not even after a long..... time
try to refresh the page. nothing work had to close it down.

when i look at catalog there are 21 products perfectly imported.

Question : Why does it stall and why 21 good out of 48

it are realy simple products, not even imagaes attached.
screenshots of stalling and catalog attached, i can mail you the import file csv if you want to help me.

Image Attachments
stall.jpgproduct.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept

Total Posts:  25
Worcestershire

I have the same problem, imported the first 78 of 2500 products and then just stopped… Now it wont import any products at all just gets to the processed 0 of 2422 records and goes no further..

Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

I’m having the same problems, too (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17916/), and it’s really getting frustrating to see so many people having so many of the same major problems with Magento, but no one on these boards seems to have answers. Just a bunch of people desperate with questions.

I thought Magento was flexible and powerful, but everytime I try something, it won’t do it. So I figure that I’m pushing it too hard, and scale back. Now I’m at the point where it’s just a completely normal store, and I needed to start importing products. Of COOOOURSE that doesn’t work either.

What the crap, Varian? Are we all setting up our severs wrong? Could you all please give us some indepth documentation about things like DataFlow, multiple stores, configurable products, etc?

Magento Community
Magento Community

karros

Total Posts:  5

after some research and some help of my friend center
i found out that my problem has to do something with server configuration.

with installing i checked things and they seem ok.
I installed magento and got thing working.
except i am doing the testing on a SHARED-HOSTING
this could give problems because of the SERVER TIME OUT.

So i am testing on a normal webhosting en it seems that magento need more power to function right.
so i probably have to upgrade my hosting…

Hope this can help others…
Maybe an idea for a little program that can be used to test the performance of server before installing magento ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community