Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Update 1.1.6 Seems to be Catch 22

mygeek911

Total Posts:  6

Hi all. I tried upgrading to 1.1.6 from 1.1.5 using the MagentoConnect manager and doing an upgrade on the Mage_Core_Modules. The install hung because 1&1;seems to have a 30 second limit on PHP. At that point, I couldn’t refresh or even open my site anymore since some of the files seemed to be deleted. (Wish I would have kept track of the error message, but I didn’t.)

I ended up downloading the latest full version and FTP’ing everything to the server. I cleared the var/session and var/cache folder and then reloaded the Web site thinking this would upgrade the database as per Wiki.

Now when I go into the MagentoConnect manager I still show Mage_Core_Modules at version 1.1.5. I tried the extension key magento-core/Mage_All_Latest but got the following:

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.6, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2), installed version is 1.1.5
magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.6, version <= 1.1.6), installed version is 1.1.5
magento-core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml” (version >= 1.1.6, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR: install failed

So then I tried the extension key magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules and got:

Ignoring installed package magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules
Nothing to install

I also tried magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml:

magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.6, version <= 1.1.6), installed version is 1.1.5
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR: install failed

Am I really at version 1.1.6 and MagentoConnect is not showing or am I still at 1.1.5 and any ideas on why I can’t update those three packages?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mygeek911

Total Posts:  6

I got tired of trying to figure out what was going on. I simply wiped the Web site and started with a fresh 1.1.6 install. Thankfully, I hadn’t done much customization at the time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

caiohn

Total Posts:  7

Hi mygeek,

I had basically the same problem as you. Tried to upgrade Magento, it didn’t work, then I deleted everything and re-installed 1.1.6 from scratch. Site is operating, but I cannot run any import profile (i need to import a big list of products).
What is happening with me is that when I click in the “Run Profile” button, a new window pops up and gets until here:

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load
* Loaded successfully: “/home/edscoco/public_html/var/import/export_all_products.csv”
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
* Found 1 rows
* Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse

No products added after that.

Is it working for you, or you did not have a chance/need to take a try?
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

BradF73

Total Posts:  7

caiohn - 21 September 2008 02:44 PM

* Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse

No products added after that.

I have the EXACT problem after upgrading to 1.1.6 tonight. I was running imports fine earlier this evening, then upgraded to 1.1.6, then attempted to run some more imports, and now can’t get anywhere. Did you find a fix for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community