Magento Forum

Wrong version after upgrading to 1.1.6

GPutignano

Total Posts:  214
Lauria - Italy

I tried to upgrate to 1.1.6 version by Magento Downloader but I get some troubles, so I decided to upgrade uploading the full package.
Now I get in the footer that the Magento version is 1.1.6 but in the downloader installed version of the upgradable version are 1.1.5.
When I try to upgrade again by downloader happens that after many minutes doesn’t appear the continue button and I have to reload the page.
How can I resolve?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

Total Posts:  15

I’m having kinda the same problem, check: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17990/

Magento Community
Magento Community

edenpra

Total Posts:  6

Did you use Modern theme? Somehow after you upgrade to Magento 1.1.6 then you start to install the latest Modern theme 1.1.4 then the theme installation process will start to download Magento core 1.1.5 and rollback everything to 1.1.5 again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bignm

Total Posts:  19
Texas

Hi,

I had a similar problem after upgrading to v1.1.6 - the Magento Connect said I was still only at 1.1.5, so I went ahead and selected the “Reinstall” dropdown box option in Magento Connect and it re-downloaded the v1.1.6 and reinstalled it perfectly.  Now it’s working just fine and showing that I now have v1.1.6 in the footer and in Magento Connect.

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

Is this just a cosmetic thing or are the modules not getting updated at all? I’m seeing the same thing, going from 1.1.4 with the modern theme. I’ve tried the reinstall options on various modules but it still keeps showing 1.1.4.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bignm

Texas

Hi Jeff,

Well, I say that it is all working fine.  Several things seem to be broken in the v1.1.6 like sorting by column name in the Magento Admin Backend.  Maybe the Magento Connect feature is the problem.  I think I’m going to download the entire new v1.1.6 and manually install it and see if that removes my problems.

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

My guess is, on your server PHP is in a non-suEXEC environment, probably installed just as an Apache module. If this is the case, you can’t upgrade Magento from Magento Connect (the downloader), you need to do it from SSH:

./pear upgrade-all

Magento Community
Magento Community

bignm

Texas

Hi Crucial,

Thanks for the idea.  However, I fixed it by simply deleting the old installation (v1.1.1 upgraded via Magento Connect to v1.1.6) with the exception of my community and custom layout and theme changes, and then downloaded and manually installed the latest v1.1.6 full install.  I didn’t change the database at all, just ran the “install.php” after I extracted the files.

The backend started working correctly right away.  However, the frontend still has some problems.  Even if you set all new customer accounts to must be email validated set to “Yes”, if a new visitor clicks “Log In” link, then “Create a New Account” button, then does NOT check the “Sign Up for Newsletter” checkbox, then email validation is not activated and they are taken directly into their new account.

Also, so far a caualty of installing with a fresh full version is that all my “Accepted Currencies” were cleared, except for my default currency (US Dollars).  Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

Another thing is that if you allow Magento to update (change) the encryption hash for you, it can affect you in your shipping account ids, and other account ids.

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community