Magento Forum

Adding an attribute in addresses

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

I need to add an attribute to the addresses (customer’s, billing and shipping ones).
So i ran this SQL:

insert into eav_attribute (attribute_identity_type_idattribute_codeattribute_modelbackend_modelbackend_typebackend_tablefrontend_modelfrontend_inputfrontend_labelfrontend_classsource_modelis_globalis_visibleis_requiredis_user_defineddefault_valueis_searchableis_filterableis_comparableis_visible_on_frontis_uniqueapply_touse_in_super_product
values (null2'vatnumber'null'''varchar''''''text''VAT Number'null'''true''true''false''false''''false''false''false''false''false'0'true');
insert into eav_attribute (attribute_identity_type_idattribute_codeattribute_modelbackend_modelbackend_typebackend_tablefrontend_modelfrontend_inputfrontend_labelfrontend_classsource_modelis_globalis_visibleis_requiredis_user_defineddefault_valueis_searchableis_filterableis_comparableis_visible_on_frontis_uniqueapply_touse_in_super_product
values (null6'vatnumber'null'''varchar''''''text''VAT Number'null'''true''true''false''false''''false''false''false''false''false'0'true');
values (null12'vatnumber'null'''varchar''''''text''VAT Number'null'''true''true''false''false''''false''false''false''false''false'0'true');
values (null19'vatnumber'null'''varchar''''''text''VAT Number'null'''true''true''false''false''''false''false''false''false''false'0'true');
And I added an input form element “vatnumber” in the templates.
So I can create a new address with this attribute. I’ve got the information in the database.
First question: is this correct ?

Then, when i checkout with this address, the billing and shipping addresses don’t have the VAT Number information in the database. It seems that it does not take this attribute from customer’s address.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

You can check if there is anything you has to modify in app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Quote\Address.php method importCustomerAddress() and app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Order\Address.php method importQuoteAddress().

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Paris, France

Thank you Michael, it works perfectly. I made a new class to overload app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Quote\Address.php
method: importCustomerAddress():

class Mage_EuVatNumber_Sales_Model_Quote_Address extends Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address
{

public function importCustomerAddress(Mage_Customer_Model_Address $address)

{

return parent::importCustomerAddress($address)
        ->
setVatnumber($address->getVatnumber());

}
}
And the attribute is now saved in both billing and shipping addresses.

Thanks !

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Paris, France

Another question.
Do i need to modify Mage/Sales/Model/Entity/Setup.php file ?
What is it used for ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

SeL - 29 November 2007 07:42 AM

Another question.
Do i need to modify Mage/Sales/Model/Entity/Setup.php file ?
What is it used for ?

It’s used to setup sales entities. If you don’t want to look for IDs in the database, modify your queries posted above and running them again each time your reinstall your Magento you have to create EuVatNumber/sql/euvatnumber_setup/mysql4-install-0.0.1.php containing something like the following:

$this->addAttribute('customer_address''vatnumber', array('type'=>'text''visible'=>false));
$this->addAttribute('quote_item''vatnumber', array('type'=>'text''visible'=>false));
$this->addAttribute('quote_address_item''vatnumber', array('type'=>'text''visible'=>false));
$this->addAttribute('order_item''vatnumber', array('type'=>'text''visible'=>false));

Don’t forget to modify your module version in EuVatNumber/etc/config.xml once you create an upgrade file (mysql4-upgrade-old.version.number-new.version.number.php) later.

You can look into the files under app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\ - they have all the possible install/upgrade ways used grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community