Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect Manager doesn’t show the right installed version

Peteren

Total Posts:  15

Hiya, I installed all latest upgrades of Magento with Magento Connect Manager. Everything went ok, and at the bottom of the frontend i can see i have upgraded to 1.1.6. When i login to the Connect Manager it still shows i have installed 1.1.3 (allthough i allready had 1.1.4 installed before the upgrade i did today). Does anyone know why Magento Connect Manager is not updating the installed version field?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bytestorm
Magento Team

Total Posts:  91

Hi.
Can you please post here the screenshot of your Magento Connect Manager?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

In the attachments is a screenshot of the Admin interface and the magento connect interface. I had this problem allready with upgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.  Now i upgraded from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6 and it still shows 1.1.3. I haven’t tried to do the upgrade again, because i don’t know if that can damage the installation (probably not, but i want to be sure).

Image Attachments
Magento Downloader.pngadminpage.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

bytestorm
Magento Team

Total Posts:  91

Have you upgraded your copy using Magento Connect Manager or you did it manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

Jup… both upgrades are done with Magento Connect Manager (from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6)
The installation was done with SSH

edit: I tried to install the “Blank Theme” with Magento Connect Manager and i got the next message in the console:

magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Blank requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules" (version >= 1.1.5version <= 1.2excluded versions1.2), installed version is 1.1.3
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR
install failed

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

I have also another installation of Magento (which i installed and upgraded in the same way as the other installation) with the same problem.

I just upgraded all existing extensions and i got next message in the console:

downloading Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.1.4.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.1.4.tgz (1,196,345 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...done: 1,196,345 bytes
downloading Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.3.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.3.tgz (1,065,433 bytes)
...done: 1,065,433 bytes
downloading Interface_Install_Default-1.1.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Install_Default-1.1.2.tgz (112,946 bytes)
...done: 112,946 bytes
downloading Lib_Js_Mage-1.1.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Lib_Js_Mage-1.1.2.tgz (66,661 bytes)
...done: 66,661 bytes
downloading Lib_Js_Prototype-1.1.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Lib_Js_Prototype-1.1.2.tgz (217,761 bytes)
...done: 217,761 bytes
downloading Lib_Varien-1.1.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Lib_Varien-1.1.2.tgz (98,480 bytes)
...done: 98,480 bytes
downloading Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6.tgz (1,012 bytes)
...done: 1,012 bytes
downloading Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.1.6.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.1.6.tgz (364,369 bytes)
...done: 364,369 bytes
downloading Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.6.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.6.tgz (1,274,588 bytes)
...done: 1,274,588 bytes
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Prototype-1.1.2
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Varien-1.1.2
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Mage-1.1.2
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.6
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.3
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Install_Default-1.1.2
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.1.6
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.1.4
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-1.1.6

But when i log out en login again in the connect manager i still see the old version numbers. Also extra extensions (like the “Modern Theme") that i have installed are not showing up at the connect manager.

In another topic somebody has the same problem: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18003/
Allthough he upgraded it manually.

I tried to upgrate to 1.1.6 version by Magento Downloader but I get some troubles, so I decided to upgrade uploading the full package.
Now I get in the footer that the Magento version is 1.1.6 but in the downloader installed version of the upgradable version are 1.1.5.
When I try to upgrade again by downloader happens that after many minutes doesn’t appear the continue button and I have to reload the page.
How can I resolve?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul J. LaCrosse

Total Posts:  1

I have experienced the exact same issue.

Made a new install manually of 1.1.3.

Then I used Magento Connect to go to 1.1.4, then 1.1.5, and finally 1.1.6 (over the course of several days).

Each time it appears the upgrade was successful, according to the output in the terminal window.

When the screen is refreshed, though, it shows the current version as 1.1.3 after each of the above upgrades.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

See the following:

Crucial -

My guess is, on your server PHP is in a non-suEXEC environment, probably installed just as an Apache module. If this is the case, you can’t upgrade Magento from Magento Connect (the downloader), you need to do it from SSH:

./pear upgrade-all

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/61956/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community