Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My favorite tools

pwebdev

Total Posts:  21
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

As a developer working to design and template sites primarily based upon php drawing from sql I am often reaching back into directories with css files. Often, it proves quite difficult to find that one line or section to make the change to affect real change upon the face of the site.

My #1 tool is Firebug, a plugin for Firefox. http://www.getfirebug.com/

For text editing I prefer notepad++ however when editing pages for Magento I must confess to using Dreamweaver more then I would like.
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Both of which are open source.

What does everyone else use?

Thanks,

tim.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

editpad
php designer (prefer it over komodo at least)
my php knowledge is still fairly limited so i haven’t delved into frameworks at any deep level yet. i think i’d still prefer something like codeigniter over zend though..
wamp for local development
web developer extension for firefox (i use firebug as well but not nearly as much)
topstyle pro
i’d use cssvista if it wasn’t so buggy (great for live IE css editing)
for simple cms’s i like textpattern

Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

Been using Coda for a few weeks and love it.  That plus Photoshop and a ton of tunes on Last.fm make for a productive day of developing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community