Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add to links

pldtm

Total Posts:  82
Bordeaux, France

HI,

I’m trying to change “add to wishlist” and “add to compare” links to buttons on the product view.
So i changed the line :

<li><a href="<?php echo $_compareUrl ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Add to Compare'?></a></li>
to
<li><button class="form-button2" onclick="setLocation('<?php echo $_compareUrl ?>')"><span><?php echo $this->__('Add to Compare'?></span></button></li>
in the addto.phtml file
It does what i want, but it adds the product to cart too.

I suppose i have to change something to view.phtml file but i don’t know how to do what i want?

Some help wanted.

Thanks a lot

phil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pldtm

Total Posts:  82
Bordeaux, France

another solution i found is only to add a css class to the “a href” link. for example the form button class.
In this case the design of this button isn’t aligned with the “add to cart” button.

did anyone used one of those ways?

phil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community