Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Introducing Malwart (a mockup of Walmart’s website)

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Hi guys,

This is a template based on Walmart’s website. I work for a startup ecommerce company and my boss was considering using Magento. He gave me the task of making a website that looked like Walmart. The point of the task was not to copy Walmart but to test Magento’s flexibility in design. I’m just sharing this effort with you guys. I’m also considering putting this up in Magento Connect (Im a full time student and need the extra cash). In your honest opinion how much would you buy this template for? Please be honest, I wont take it personal. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

View demo here: http://ivutha.com/malwart

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Great stuff, especially love the name malwart.

I think the template would be worth buying as long as there aren’t any copyright infringement issues =p , I think most would easily fork up $100 for this one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tropico

Total Posts:  4

100$?? For simple css modification?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

How much would you pay for it Tropico? I’m assuming you know CSS and that you can mock this up yourself, but lets say you didnt know any CSS how much would you pay for the template?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

sorry but i wouldnt pay anything for this. for me, its just the modern theme thats been altered a little. it also feels a little uneven.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

As someone who’s a coder and certainly not a frig-around-with-pixels designer, I for one would indeed happily pay $100 for this.

But if you made this in your boss’s time, will he let you take the money for it?

Do you accept private Magento design jobs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

Thanks for the honest opinions guys. My boss is definitely ok with me selling it, I worked on the template mostly at home. Right now I’m not accepting private design jobs mainly because I work full time and go to school full time. I might consider this maybe later in the winter. BTW The template’s been approved and its on Magento Connect for $69. Thanks again for your input.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coronac

Total Posts:  50
Florida

not bad at all!

i like it, nice job!

Magento Community
Magento Community

existence

Total Posts:  9

Looks good - well done.

I think it’s worth the $100 to most people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

airban

Total Posts:  34

Vutha

I noticed you have some sort of dependent dropdown feature. Here for example: http://ivutha.com/malwart/apparel/shoes/mens/cn-clogs-beach-garden-clog.html

So when they choose Mens, it lists certain sizes, when you choose Womens, it lists certain sizes. Did you have to modify Magento very much to apply that feature?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

This feature isn’t customized, its included with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redegifts

Total Posts:  41

can you explain how you were able to move the CUSTOM OPTIONS to the right side of the product detail page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

The product your referring to was setup as a configurable product which is why it has dropdowns. You can learn how to create one by going here http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/configurable-products/view

Hope this helps wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

redegifts

I understand configurable products, but this must have been updated since v 1.1.4 I have a feeling that if you were to upgrade to 1.1.6 you would find your associated products move to the bottom and spread across the entire product detail page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

I dug a little deaper and found that when adding a product, if you go to the design tab and change the “Display product options in” from Block after info column to product info column it will show any options underneath the quick overview attribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redegifts

Vutha, thank you so much!  That did it.  Would never even think to look there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2