Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding custom option to simple product error

Yarhajile

Total Posts:  90
Spokane, WA

I’m trying to setup a simple product with custom options in my catalog that was imported from osCommerce and am getting this error when I save.

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/ghansen/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Backend/Array.php on line 40

* Running Version 1.1.6 (upgraded through Magento Connect from a 1.1.5 install)
* I did NOT run the default products query as I just wanted a bare install to work with.
* Imported categories & products from an osCommerce database using the osCommerce import utility

I created another completely separate install (/home/ghansen/html/mage VS the oscommerce imported version at /home/ghansen/html/magento) and imported the default product set.  Using THOSE products, I’m able to edit them and add custom options. Everything looks as it should.

What’s going wonky that the products imported via the osCommerce import utility wont let me add custom options??

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

For what it’s worth, I created a new store and website, added a new product to the new website and I get the same notice when adding custom options.

Also noticed that when I create a configurable product and try to add “associated products” to it, no results are displayed at the bottom when I search for a product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bonhommie

Total Posts:  60

for your second post, I think you have to hit “reset filter” first before you search for your product in the list.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

Well, I went ahead and re-imported from osCommerce the products and categories to the same database I setup with the demo products. Everything seems to be working perfectly now.

Not sure what the difference is between the two installations, but everything on this one works so I’m going with it!

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community