Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Admin’s Panel ,Invoice still can’t be printed

vitorui

Total Posts:  7

I updated my Magento to 1.16,all looks good ,,but Invoice still can’t be printed ..

Once I click the button of “PRINT”,,there will be a blank page ..no eror notification of my IE7.

The url shows:Mydomain/index.php/admin/sales_order_invoice/print/invoice_id/57/,

Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acstudios

Total Posts:  15

Were you able to find a solution to this?  I am currently having the same problem and I can’t figure out what’s going on…

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Total Posts:  58

Hi

Same here I have 1.1.7

The requested URL /index.php/admin/sales_order_invoice/print/invoice_id/45/\/report/ was not found on this server.

Did someone found a solution to this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi

We still have that problem. It worked once by reinstalling 1.1.8 core but suddenly it does it again and no way to make it work again with the core reinstall trick

Can anyone point us where to look, as we are not able to print any invoice

It is a huge mess to prepair order and we are not able to invoice wholesalers

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Total Posts:  87

Yeah, I have same problem! Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

@marcfalk

This is only if you run magento on a windows apache server

I had magento running on my PC with a window apache server and I do not remember why but something hapened and pointed me that it is more a windows related problem.

I usually redo my PC every year as I load lots of software for testing, but this year I did not get the time.

So my computer had sometimes funny behavior so I decided to invest in a new server, I installed the same magento version and restored the magento database from my PC.

Tried to open a pdf and it made me an error but totaly different as this time instead of the white screen with the error I had a magento blue screen error (see below, but I did not keep trace off the whole screen)

Notice: iconv_strlen() [function.iconv-strlen]: Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Helper\String.php on line 199
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘iconv_strlen() ...’, ‘D:\www\vhosts\_...’, 199, Array)
#1 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Helper\String.php(199): iconv_strlen(’?’, ‘UTF-8’)
#2 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Order\Pdf\Items\Invoice\Default.php(50): Mage_Core_Helper_String->str_split(’Levure pr?? dos...’, 60, true, true)

Notice: iconv_strlen() [function.iconv-strlen]: Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Helper\String.php on line 199
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘iconv_strlen() ...’, ‘D:\www\vhosts\_...’, 199, Array)
#1 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Helper\String.php(199): iconv_strlen(’?’, ‘UTF-8’)
#2 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Order\Pdf\Items\Invoice\Default.php(50): Mage_Core_Helper_String->str_split(’Levure 500g pou...’, 60, true, true)

So If you have a blank screen with an error message :

Try to install on another PC with a clean Windows on it

Hope this can help you or someone else and please let us know in this thead if this solved your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Total Posts:  87

invitro59 - 09 January 2009 09:27 AM

@marcfalk

This is only if you run magento on a windows apache server

I had magento running on my PC with a window apache server and I do not remember why but something hapened and pointed me that it is more a windows related problem.

I usually redo my PC every year as I load lots of software for testing, but this year I did not get the time.

So my computer had sometimes funny behavior so I decided to invest in a new server, I installed the same magento version and restored the magento database from my PC.

Tried to open a pdf and it made me an error but totaly different as this time instead of the white screen with the error I had a magento blue screen error (see below, but I did not keep trace off the whole screen)

Trace:
#2 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Order\Pdf\Items\Invoice\Default.php(50): Mage_Core_Helper_String->str_split(’Levure pr?? dos...’, 60, true, true)

Trace:
#2 D:\www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.fr\www\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Model\Order\Pdf\Items\Invoice\Default.php(50): Mage_Core_Helper_String->str_split(’Levure 500g pou...’, 60, true, true)

So If you have a blank screen with an error message :

Try to install on another PC with a clean Windows on it

Hope this can help you or someone else and please let us know in this thead if this solved your problem.

Hey invitro59,

I appreciate your advice, but I’m running Magento on a linux-server.
A server I cannot reboot or reinstall myself…

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Here is another trick that worked for me with invoice that could not print while in the order section.

Go to - Sales - Orders or invoices - then without opening the invoice tick the checkbox of the invoice needed, then in the dropdown box “actions” select “print Invoices.

That trick made me able to print the invoices that I could not print while the invoice is open on screen.

But I am under windows, still give it a try under linux.

Let me know if it helped you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi

Well it starts again could someone tell us what’s going on with that pdf problem.

Notice: iconv_strlen() [function.iconv-strlen]: Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in D:

Same error as above.

It looks that this happens each time there is one of the special character like the “à” etc… not every country speak’s english in this world !!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi

I was able to work and print pdf for one week, and suddenly I have that error again. Then it is gone work for a while again

Could someone explain in a clear language what does this error means si I know were to look ???

Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in d: etc....

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

alehano

Total Posts:  18

Same error.
If pdf includes russian characters, I have error.
Can anyone explain how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi Alehano

Just to know as we have the same error here, are you running magento on a windows or a linux server.

regards from France

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi

Did it again

Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in www\vhosts\_dynamic\mydomain.tld\www\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Helper\String.php on line 199
Trace:

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Total Posts:  104

Hello

I have the same issue when trying to print in pdf incoice special character : é, à, ç....

Can anyone explain how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Total Posts:  104

For those who have problems with special chararcters (é, à.....) :

kust change the charset in $page->drawText commands from ‘UTF-8’ to ‘CP1252’.

Ex :  $page->drawText(’Blablabla tralala itou’), 25, 70, ‘CP1252’);

It works for me.... wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

thegwin

Total Posts:  11
Japan

cooper - 11 May 2009 12:16 AM

For those who have problems with special chararcters (é, à.....) :

kust change the charset in $page->drawText commands from ‘UTF-8’ to ‘CP1252’.

Ex :  $page->drawText(’Blablabla tralala itou’), 25, 70, ‘CP1252’);

It works for me.... wink

If the above simple fix doesn’t work, maybe the solution I found for printing in Japanese will help others. Have posted my solution here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/42219/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2