Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products disappear from site after category save

drowning.in.the.how

Total Posts:  2

I have a strange issue with products disappearing from the site.

When i have a category structure such as this:

Default Category
|___Shoes
|-----|___Men’s
|-----|___Women’s

If i add a product under the men’s category and also check the Shoes category so that the product shows up under both, everything is fine and the product is displayed under both the shoes and men’s categories on the site. Now if i add a new sub category anywhere below shoes or one of it’s children, or if i edit anything about the shoes category and click save, the product is now missing from the shoes category on the site but still displayed under the men’s category. In the admin area the product still shows that both categories are selected and under the shoes category it also still lists the product. I can got to the product and edit it then click save and the product will reappear under both categories again.

Not sure what is causing this but it seems to be a bug or something.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neuro

Total Posts:  104
France

Me too WTF!

Magento Community
Magento Community

neuro

Total Posts:  104
France

Now fix. (until next product management)

Before -> make a backup!

1 Delete category_product_index
2 Copy (all) category_product -> category_product_index (varchar “32” default = “1").
3 Add a row “is_parent” in category_product_index (varchar “32” default = “1").

Hope this help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community