Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to display website with VAT and without VAT as separate views

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

I’ve got a Magento site which currently displays prices excluding VAT.  This is fine for a lot of my customers who are trade. But I also get retail customers who want to see the prices including VAT. 

Does anyone have a simple guide for setting this up in Magento?  I don’t want to display prices both incl and excl VAT as this looks really messy.  I believe I need multiple store views to implement then add a drop down so customers can select which they prefer.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

It depends which version you are using.

1.1 should have (although I havent tried it wrt VAT). I’m sure there us an option to work with ex and including VAT.

1.0 was always a bit of a bodge for European tax .

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt5409

Total Posts:  15

I too wish to display VAT declaration next to my price (inc VAT or ex VAT). can anybody shed light on how this is done?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

There is a section under System->Tax to set display of prices including, excluding or both.

matt5409 - 23 January 2009 01:41 AM

I too wish to display VAT declaration next to my price (inc VAT or ex VAT). can anybody shed light on how this is done?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community