Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cache Management content area blank

GreenSkunk

Total Posts:  6
New York

When the Admin System -> Cache Management page is accessed, the Header and Footer appear but the content area is blank. There are 0 options for Cache Management on the page.

Upgraded to 1.4.0.1 and finding problems and implementing fixes.

Note: the var directory is write-able and the app/etc/use_cache.ser file is write-able

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Couple of things to consider:

1) Reupload the 1.4.0.1 zip file to your server and unzip locally on the server to ensure that no files were missed or corrupted.
2) Run the Magento Cleanup tool and see if that sorts it out for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

I’m having the same problem. I re-uploaded all the admin files 3x and I really don’t want to do it again since I already fixed the error with the dashboard reports and I really don’t feel like fixing it a 4th time!

Any other solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

San Diego, CA

OK, so I have tried to reinstall the update to 1.4.01 a total of 6 times now and I have run the cleanup tool after each install! I have tried to install directly from downloading the latest full version from this site and uploading that to my server and I have tried to re-install everything through Magento Connect. So far nothing has worked.

I don’t understand why I don’t have anything on my admin->cache management screen. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Is anyone else having this same problem? I can’t be the only left who is running into this?!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jealousrepublic

Total Posts:  16
Phillipsburg, NJ

I’m having the exact same issue, upgraded to 1.4, had to man handle some stuff but got it all working fine, cache management page is showing no options. The header and footer are there. Folders and Files are writable. Has anyone came up with a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jealousrepublic

Total Posts:  16
Phillipsburg, NJ

I figured out my issue. I had duplicated my original (1.3) admin design directory and had made a few changes to it, so when i upgraded to 1.4 it was still using the old non updated admin design stuff from 1.3, once i got rid of that it fixed everything, hopefully this helps someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

San Diego, CA

Ok, I think I have everything figured out and upgraded perfectly....but I am still seeing many modules through Magento Connect showing version 1.3.3 instead of 1.4.0 or 1.4.0.1

Anybody have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community