Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Not applicable enabled shipping methods show even with “Show method even if not applicable” disabled

tmecis

Total Posts:  15

Hello,

we have a straight forward installation of “Magento ver. 1.3.2.4”. There are no addons involved in the shipping methods, the standard methods are used.

DHL is one of the methods I cannot for the love of god get to work correctly.

I enabled it, set it up as to our specifications and tried it out. Yet it mysteriously is “not applicable” all the time. And, although “Show method even if not applicable” is set to “No”, it shows up for every order I try (we’re still in a testing phase).

Is there a setting I don’t get? Is there a well known pitfall hidden somewhere in the DHL configuration?

Thanks,

Thomas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tmecis

So, I did a new installation without any addons from scratch. Created one product, left shipping methods alone. Tried to order the product, and this base version shows the exact same symptom. DHL is listed when selecting shipping method yet gives the known error message that it is not applicable.

Anybody got any idea what the problem could be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tmecis

Okay. I have tried it with a base installation of the latest Magento (1.4.0.1). It shows the exact same problem.

Why this shipping method is never applicable might be a problem for another day, but please, why is it always listed, regardless of the configuration clearly stating “Show method if not applicable” as “No?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community