Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where to host?? 

treeka_com

Total Posts:  20

We are currently developing a magento site on a shared server environment.  Despite having the compiler activated and booster installed - the site is wayyyy too slow.  The load speed regularly shows as 12+ seconds when tested with pingdom.  We need about half of that.

Here is my question for you experts out there: does anyone have any recommendations on dedicated Magento servers which are optimized for the magento platform?  If so, please send host URLs.  I’m looking for people who have tried these servers and experienced success in terms of resuced load times/.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sprinnet

Total Posts:  140
Prague, Czech Republic

Try to rent a dedicated server on Hetzner.de

Magento Community
Magento Community

www.HexUK.com

Total Posts:  78
Liverpool, England, UK

Hi. I manage a Magento website for a company in the UK.

You can check out my Magento Clients store HERE.

You can get the same reliability and speed for £9.95 per month.

Please note the site is live and is NOT a demo store. All purchases are real.

Kind Regards, Mark Birchall

P.S ALL of my projects are on SHARED SERVERS. It is a myth that Magento requires dedicated servers, please check my projects.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community