Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.1.6 has broken completely my site [SOLVED]

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379
Spain

Hello!

I have just upgraded to 1.1.5 with no issues two hours ago.

I have now updated to 1.1.6. My site has broken completely. No css applied in frontend and several admin menus send me directly to the 404 error page from frontend.

What has happened? What I have done bad?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

I think more importantly, where are the Magento guys , I thought we would be seeing a more proactive Magento team by now?

Sorry for hijacking your thread but, without Magento guys supporting us, it’d be difficult to get any kind of answers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I had zero issues upgrading to 1.1.6.  Maybe try checking your permissions?  I know some people have been having that issue with previous releases.  Also, did you only upgrade ‘Mage_All_Latest’ or try to upgrade all of them?  I’m just guessing here, I have no idea what the problem could be.  Sorry I can’t be of much more help than that.  downer

I did notice that they did something new with this release.  There is now a diff file available of the changes: http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/1.1.5-1.1.6.diff
I’ve been doing my own diff’s after each upgrade, but now I can see it before the upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Did you delete the var/cache directory after you upgraded? If you haven’t done so already, delete that now.

If that doesn’t work, are you able to access anything, or do you get a 404 no matter what?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Spain

I think Magento team has reacted very quickly with version 1.1.6. They are doing an excellent work.

In my case, during upgrade magento connect get freezed, but now I don’t know why, I can’t access any of my online sites… and they are working…

a really bad nightmare… but maybe Magento 1.1.6 runs ok, in this situation, I can’t say.

Looking for other upgrades… how is everything going?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Spain

Thank you for your help… but can’t access to my online sites. This is not a Magento problem. I will try to solve this. Will notify you what is happening.

:-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlDeHyDe

Total Posts:  22

For my part, the only problem with this upgrade is that the menu of the admin is not held any more. I cannot sail of years the admin.

No the problem of access in frontend

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Spain

Try this solution:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17682/

It depends on server.

I have accesed my site via proxy and frontend works perfect. If it is possible, will try to edit the title of this thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

AlDeHyDe - 17 September 2008 12:08 PM

For my part, the only problem with this upgrade is that the menu of the admin is not held any more. I cannot sail of years the admin.

No the problem of access in frontend

Check this thread -

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5279/

The problem is likely with the js dir/files having the wrong permissions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Spain

Just in case it helps somebody....

During my 1.1.6 upgrade, my router broke and connection failed in a way I didn’t notice. I wasn’t able to connect via browser or ftp to any of my hosted sites.

It wasn’t, obviouslly a Magento problem, but all files didn’t upload correctly.

But in Magento Connect all updates were applied, so I downloaded the main package and reupload /app dir again.

This solved all my headaches.

And please, notice that in some servers there is a need to change permissions after upgrade.

1.1.6 works excellent, so please check that all files are uploaded correctly and permissions changed if it is your case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

I had a similar problem with an upgrade to 1.1.5 - after upgrade, i needed to apply a patch to make the admin drop downs work. Weird. Now i’ve got a problem with accessing the admin url - does anyone know how to change the custom admin url back to the default?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community