Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t get shipping quote or use direct deposit payment method with 2.04 using mag 1.3.2.4

Aussie Hemper

Total Posts:  17

My setup:
Fontis 2.04
Magento 1.3.2.4
Wampserver 2.0

I went through the how to set up fontis help files & made appropriate changes as per the doco.
I have disabled all shipping methods exception Australia POst.

AFter each step I clear browser cache, delete session & cache, and refresh cache in admin before testing my changes in a new shopping cart. logged in & out of admin. (all advice i read on different forum posts)

Here is a run down of what I have done:
made test purchase checking out as guest, with payment methods: direct deposit, saved cc, paypal standard, check/money order enabled
tried the get quote-nothing came up. couldnt proceed in the shopping cart passed shipping as it says no quote available at this time

went back & disabled direct deposit payment & saved cc (as i saw this on another forum) leaving only ppal & check/money order enabled.
went through shopping cart
& managed to get quote & was able to proceed through checkout to complete order using paypal as payment option.  I did not that the GST was not calculated correctly here though.

I really need Direct deposit enabled as a payment option & perhaps saved cc is not as important enabled as payment options.
is anyone able to help me out with some troubleshooting ideas.  I have searched for hours reading copious amounts of help files, trying & testing. 

Last but not least i uninstalled uninstalled fontis & removed folders from the downloader folder of all fontis extensions.
cleared cache, refreshed cache, deleted seesions etc as above.
reinstalled fontis, went through set up & still have this problem.

If there is anyone out there please advise of either how to fix or an alternative postal method.

thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Not sure exactly what to suggest, but I’m on the same version of Magento as you , but v2.0 of Fontis.
I’ve been using DD and Aust rasberryost shipping for about 15 months now without problems.

Some random questions:
Do the weight units of your products match the units in the Aust Post module? (eg: Kg and Kg or Grams and Grams)?
Do you have shipping countries defined?

Perhaps if you post a screenshot of your Aust Post config and DD config (minus any sensitive info) it would speed up diagnosis.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Hemper

Thanks for responding Neil
answers to random Q’s:
1- do they match, upon looking at your table rates spreedsheet i found in another forum i noticed you expressed grams like 499 i have been entering 0.499 for the equivalent amount (oscommerce mentality) so i will update a few products with this & give it a try.
2 - yes, i have australia, NZ & US enabled.

I will also uninstall unecessary extensions & try without them.

One question that may be obvious (sometimes the easiest things R the hardest for me to see) when entering a product weight do i express for example say 420gm as 420 or the way i would 0.420 as well as 1.25kg as 1250 cause i would type it in as : 1.25

back soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Hemper

Thought I would post an update on my progress.

I noted that Neil was using V2.0 so I uninstalled V2.04 & installed version 2.0, that has worked on my system for me, I can now use DD, cheque/money order & paypal.  No glitches or errors to report.

Perhaps V2.04 is not compatable with 1.3.2.4 only 1.4??

Hope this helps someone else with a similar prob.

tongue rolleye

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Good to hear you have a solution!  Thanks for posting back - as you say - it may help others.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

splodge

Total Posts:  5

Hi Aussie Hemper - hope you have this sorted by now.

thought I would post a solution I found here

php seems to be the problem - i believe version 4 and above doesn’t allow for <? to start scripts unless the setting is allowed

see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/55232/P15/

(although I have MAGENTO version 1.4.1.1 WAMPSERVER version 2 and Fontis 2.07)

I got Direct Deposit to display by changing WAMPSERVER php settings to enable ‘short open tag’

Hope this helps someone!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community