Magento Forum

Some strings can’t be translated in 1.4.01

puudutus

Total Posts:  4

Hello

I’m setting up my first Magento store and after spending quite a while I’ve been able to setup most things.

I have a couple problems though, the main one being: I can’t translate some strings in the admin area.

Tried searching for the strings in the .csv:s.
Tried using in-line translation.

The strings I really need to be able to translate are in admin:
Catalog -> Manage Products -> Add Product -> Continue

I can’t translate most of the strings here including:

Name
Description
Short Description
Weight

etc.

I’ve done a search for these strings to no help.. the strings are only found in something that looks like sql-queries.

The person I’m helping setup the store for doesn’t undestand any English.. this is why this is quita an issue.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

ps. this problem does not seem to apear in 1.3.x but this isn’t an option since I alraedy customized a theme for 1.4..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

All of those labels are for attributes and the labeling is handled a little differently for attributes than for other text. Go to the Admin Panel (ADMIN> Catalog> Attributes> Manage Attributes) and select one of these attributes from the list and go to the 2nd tab.  I’m not looking at an Admin Panel right now, but you should be able to see where you can set the label that will be displayed both in the admin and on the frontend, which can be different.

Magento Community
Magento Community

puudutus

Thank you so much! This did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

puudutus

One more question. How do I do the same in admin for Customer -> Manage Customers Customer Information ? Tried to find these strings in .csv:s. Don’t know where to look in admin-panel.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community