Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Show simple product in cart rather than configurable? 

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

I have set up a few configurable products, with simple products within them for sizes & colors.

The problem is, when you choose your size/color and add to cart, there is no indication in the cart of which size/color you chose.  It just shows the name of the configurable product.

Is there a way to make it show the title of the simple product here so the customer knows what they chosen.  Or even more ideally, it would show just the attributes, like “Size: M, Color: Red”.

Also, is there a way to associate images with Simple products and show these on the configurable product page as well as in the cart?  Currently, it just shows one of the configurable product images, which can be very confusing if you’re ordering a red item, and its showing a picture of a blue one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

I just figured out the answer to my first question - I was using an older checkout.xml that didn’t have the updated options in it, so that’s all good now.

But about the images, it still seems there’s no way to do this in Magento - associate images with simple products so that they show in the cart after you purchase.  Even better would be if they also showed on the product detail page in the “More Views”, so that when you run out of stock in a particular color, its associated image also comes down automatically.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community