Magento Forum

Up Sells not saving

birchy82

Total Posts:  17

I’ve followed the directions, and my product up sells will not save, I click the save button and the page refreshes and nothing is there????????
Cross sells work fine, related products are fine too.

anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Boz

Total Posts:  13

I have a similar problem to this, i cant actually add any products via Cross-sells, Related products, Up sells and bundled products. I’m able to find the products, but when i hit the add button, they just drop out and dissappear.

Opinions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Erkenbrand

Total Posts:  20

Yup, same problem here. Using 1.1.6 with the default theme. I can’t get any of the cross sells / upsells / related products to work. When I try to save them they just disappear. When I return to the product after saving it, the changes are missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boz

Kinda vital really for getting the most out of magento’s power!

Annoying problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

birchy82

Total Posts:  17

Just crazy how one version it works fine, on the next it doesn’t work at all...actually it didn’t work on 1.1.5 either, so thinking maybe it would be fixed in 1.6 I installed the updates. Still nothing…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shawn S

Total Posts:  9

Same problem here on 1.1.6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheTwistedOne

Total Posts:  7

I´m having the exact same problem in 1.1.6 which i updated from 1.1.4

Just as a test i installed a fresh copy of 1.1.6 on a subdomain and it worked fine.

So the problem seems to affect upgraded versions not clean installs. Which isn´t much good when you have a site already live with a huge database of products...because the backup system is also flawed. hmmm NOT GOOD!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheTwistedOne

I have just issued a BUG Report, so here´s hoping it will get fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bonhommie

Total Posts:  60

Actually, I was having the same issue until i read a post where the guy did a re-install and fixed it.
I did the same, but this time NOT through magento connect. I downloaded the zip and used ftp. Now everything works!!!!

frankly, I think magento connect tends to corrupt files sometimes, because I also had problems upgrading to 1.1.4 using connect. I had to do the zip. So I guess you will be better off using zip for all upgrades.... at least for a while.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheTwistedOne

@bonhommie

Your completely right, this problem affects 1.1.6 upgraded through magento connect.

I was lucky as i installed magento using simplescripts in my control panel and was able to update through simplescripts which completely fixed the problem.

Everyone PLEASE NOTE this does not affect new installs and as “bonhommie” stated is a problem caused by Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SuperZoaker

Total Posts:  3

Same problem here, hoping for a nice work arround.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boz

A very helpful chap on the chat called Will Hough found a nice solution for this (worked for me anyway).

Basically, make sure everything is up-to-date, and then install this extention ’magento-core/Mage_All_Latest‘ in magento connect. Worked a treat for me, everything is running spot on now.

Boz

Magento Community
Magento Community

SuperZoaker

Total Posts:  3

Boz - 22 September 2008 05:28 AM

A very helpful chap on the chat called Will Hough found a nice solution for this (worked for me anyway).

Basically, make sure everything is up-to-date, and then install this extention ’magento-core/Mage_All_Latest‘ in magento connect. Worked a treat for me, everything is running spot on now.

Boz

Worked for me ! :D Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community