Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My Work with Magento So Far

twistedindustries

Total Posts:  64

Here is a list of sites I have used magento on so far.  I will continue to update this list as I do more work.

Fox Trailers (http://www.foxtrailers.com) - Magento was stripped down to only be used as a catalog.  The customer was very pleased with the look and functionality and has reported that there business is running smoother and making more sales because of their new website.

Selkirk Construction (http://www.scdcustompergolas.com) - In this case I used magento to its fullest.  I incorporated a custom design for them to match their current theme.  I also incorporated a photo gallery, lightbox, and some sliding tabs.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Fox: Why no call to action? If you disable the cart, why not still prompt people to pick up the phone? “Call today!” or what not. Or some kind of in-page contact form or live help. Especially if you disable a cart, there should be a clear path to an alternative conversion/lead capture.

Also, when I add to compare from a product page in FireFox 2, it says “2 items” in orange on top of the white on black “compare products” box heading.

Well integrated though, smooth transition between shop and the rest.

Magento Community
Magento Community

twistedindustries

JT-

Thanks for those two fixes on the Fox site.  I have a Call today box right on the first page.  The customer requested that the cart be disabled, I tried to get them to go the other way but with no luck.  Thank you for taking the time to check out my work and critique it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gordon_MWS

Total Posts:  18
Scotland

You have just touched on a subject I asked about some time ago, but is still on my wishlist....

How did you go about disabling the cart?

and…

Is it simple enough to enable it if the customer decides to at a later date?

Regards,

Gordon

Magento Community
Magento Community

twistedindustries

I can’t go to much into how I did it as I don’t completely remember but I simply just went around and commented out the code that added the add to cart buttons and any other shopping cart related thing I could find.  If you need I can go in depth as to exactly where each part of code I commented out was but if I remember right it wasn’t too difficult.

As far as re-enabling it, that is why I commented out the code instead of deleting it so that I could go back if need be.

Let me know if you need more help beyond this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bharath

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
I require this feature of disabling the shopping cart and enabling it when it is required
can you please help me by giving details on how this can be done

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk2dev

Total Posts:  42
Chicago, IL

looks nice. You should play with the titles, as it seems every page says ‘default store view’ on it… you could better use that space for SEO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dax702

Total Posts:  77
las vegas, nv

Hi, how did you make the photo gallery on the pergola site?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community