Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why is my product import failing? 

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

I’d love to know why my import is failing, but the error bar comes up blank. See attached. Is that was it’s supposed to do, or should it be helping me out by telling me what went wrong? Because that would be awesome.

The other thing is, it SAYS that it “Processed 0% 0/178 records” but in fact, I can tell there are SOME changes to my catalog once the profile is executed, but not ALL the changes from the CSV file are implemented. I created the CSV using iWork ‘08 Numbers on a Mac, exported as UTF-8 encoding. This apparently only surrounds phrases that include a comma in them with quotes rather than all cell values.

I get this import result whether or not I set Enclose Values In: to under Data Format in the Profile Wizard.

The import/export profile functionality seems to be woefully under-documented. Why is there not more specific information on it?

Image Attachments
Picture 5.png
File Attachments
Austin-Product List.txt  (File Size: 29KB - Downloads: 87)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

It seems like I can consistently import any number of records below 110, sometimes get 110-119 to go through (same file, repeating import), and never get any CSV with records over 119 to import. This is the same file I’ve attached above, truncating the records for testing purposes. And it doesn’t matter which records they are, whether the ones at the start of the CSV or the end, so perhaps the problem is the number of records rather than the records themselves?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Just posting results as I find them. Note to everyone: Don’t use Safari for imports. It’s what I was using when getting wildly inconsistent results. I’ve switched on to Firefox 3 for the import, and haven’t had it fail yet. Hmm…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community