Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Grid layout not displaying correctly

nkshop

Total Posts:  5

I recently updated to Magneto 1.1.5 and now the grid layout does not display correctly on my site.
I have attached two screen shots of my settings and how the grid layout is displaying.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Cheers,
Nathan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronmark

Total Posts:  18
Nampa, ID

I’m having the same problem. Anyone know how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

it looks like the CSS get messed up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Active Braces

Total Posts:  25

Same problem here. My site is set to launch in early October, so I’m really hoping to get this fixed soon…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bdemont

Total Posts:  17

I have the same problem, help us !

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

I’m getting broken grids whenever product names run to different line lengths. As long as all product names and other info run to the same number of lines, grids display right. If one product name runs to three lines, for example, it blows the next product down to a line by itself. It’s like the rows are not clearing properly.

I’m also getting a duplicate of the grid navigation bar to the bottom right of the “real” navigation bar. Hard to explain, so see screenshot attached.

It sticks the duplicate layout menubar under the right-hand navigation column. Very odd.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Tansau - 19 September 2008 01:38 PM

I’m also getting a duplicate of the grid navigation bar to the bottom right of the “real” navigation bar.

That’s not a duplicate toolbar. The default template puts a toolbar at the top and one at the bottom. I modified my template to make the second one conditional on how many products there are.

The toolbar thing looks like a clearing problem with floats.

But I was just now trying to reconcile the differences in the list template in 1.1.6. They changed the grid from a table with 3 products across to an ordered list with a class of grid-row. The old table had a class of generic-product-grid which is still in boxes.css, but not used in List.phtml.

So in the loop through the products, where they used to put out a new row every 3, they are putting out a new ordered list. But I can’t find any definition for the css class grid-row besides a bottom border, so of course the list items (products) are displaying one to a line. You’d have to add something like

.grid-row li.item {displayinlinefloatleft;}
to get them to show all on one line.

All the other stuff in boxes.css is more specific, so you could make it

.listing-type-grid .grid li.item {displayinlinefloatleft;}

I see now that there is this:

.listing-type-grid .grid-row { border-bottom:1px solid #d9dde3; }
.listing-type-grid li.item { float:leftwidth:138pxpadding:12px 10pxline-height:1.6emoverflow:hidden}
so all you need to add is the display: inline part.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

joyously - 19 September 2008 05:07 PM

But I was just now trying to reconcile the differences in the list template in 1.1.6. They changed the grid from a table with 3 products across to an ordered list with a class of grid-row. The old table had a class of generic-product-grid which is still in boxes.css, but not used in List.phtml…

Thanks so much for the pointers. I was able to tweak list.phtml and boxes.css to fix the float and alignment issues on the products and the footer toolbar. Worked like a charm. Appreciate your detailed reply!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mike_hayes888

Total Posts:  11

I’m getting the same issue here, but it also extends in my product view page attached, any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Trilby

Total Posts:  31

joyously - 19 September 2008 05:07 PM

Tansau - 19 September 2008 01:38 PM

I’m also getting a duplicate of the grid navigation bar to the bottom right of the “real” navigation bar.

That’s not a duplicate toolbar. The default template puts a toolbar at the top and one at the bottom. I modified my template to make the second one conditional on how many products there are.

Joyously, can you tell me what is involved in making the toolbar/pager template conditional on the number of products?  That would be a very useful modification.

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community