Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Differences between Lite and Full versions? 

nivekiam

Total Posts:  30

Sorry, I’ve tried searching, but can’t find anything that explains the differences between the full and lite version.  The only thing I’ve found are a couple of posts stating people were unsuccessful in installing the lite version, but were successful with the full version.  I don’t know if all of those core differences have been resolved since then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Kevin - the full version contains a sample product database and the light version does not. That’s the only difference.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Kevin,
The only difference is that a full packages contains sample data (products, images, categories, product ratings & reviews, etc).

Magento Community
Magento Community

nivekiam

Total Posts:  30

Awesome, thanks guys.  That’s what I was thinking and that explains the size difference.

Kevin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community