Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error on order cancel

moomoo

Total Posts:  192

When I cancel an order (Pending order) I get this error:

Could not communicate order status change to PAP. Your API file may not match your PAP installation.

I haven’t tried cancelling a Complete order, but is this error because the order is not complete?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

Here’s a detailed description of what this means:

1. This is a notice, not an error. Everything is OK, but one of the features of the connector module didn’t work.
2. The first half of the message means that the change in order status wasn’t sent to PAP. Normally the connector communicates status changes to PAP. By communicating these status changes you avoid having to manually reconcile these orders at the end of each month. If you get this message, it means that this feature couldn’t work, and you should either manually change the status now, or reconcile the records at the end of the month.
3. The second half of the message tells what the problem is. When the API communication fails, it almost always means that the API file doesn’t match the version of PAP you are connecting to. This shouldn’t normally happen, except with PAP hosted accounts. To fix it, you should log into your PAP account, go to “Tools” and download the latest API file. Use FTP to upload this file to your server at lib/PAP (you should overwrite the existing PapApi.class.php file.)

Hopefully this helps clarify things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

Total Posts:  192

Thanks for the info there.

Actually my version of PAP is the latest one, and is hosted on my server, not at PAP. Not sure what this means for the error, I have a vague idea it might be because the orders I cancelled were never ‘completed’ and therefore would never have been saved to PAP.

Having said that if there is an error in communication, then that shouldn’t matter whether there is a valid sale or not.

I guess this is one of those things which will work itself out in a future upgrade smile

Cheers

Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community