Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple currencies and/or url based pricing

Del

Total Posts:  17

Hi all,

I’m setting up a site which is dealing in multiple currencies but from fixed price lists. In other words it will be a case of 100GBP, 150euro and 200USD with no currency exchange. Ideally, the user will come to the site and the system will know where the user is from based on IP (if it cant resolve the IP then through log in credentials) and produce the relevant prices.
Having the “choose your currency” drop down doesnt work for me as I dont want to tempt customers in purchasing from the USD prices for example when the exchange is favourable etc. I want to avoid confrontations of this kind with customers.
What is the way to do this (workarounds etc also accepted smile )

Regards,

Del

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

Total Posts:  94
New Zealand

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:tWYsn84agnEJ:www.magentocommerce.com/?ACT=25&fid=10&aid=5898_Ol3n4bipPRkzsQZ5FJT2&board_id=1+currency+based+on+url+site:magentocommerce.com&cd;=4&hl;=en&ct;=clnk

Its probs too late, but this dude sorted something out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community