Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

GreatSageCorban

Total Posts:  35

I have a strange issue. I’m getting the following error,

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

when viewing the images for my products. This is for version 1.4.0.1. It doesn’t seem to be preventing me from uploading images to my products right now, however none of my images are moving to my google base account. Any clues?

I only have a single store view.

when I edit products connected to google base, I get the following error:

Cannot update Google Base Item for Store 'Default Store View'

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GreatSageCorban

I created a testing subdomain, and loaded a fresh install of magento through my host. (bluehost). I notice this same msg is occurring there.

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

Again, it isn’t preventing me from uploading images. The only reason I became concerned about the msg in the first place, is because it appears my images are not being pulled into google base / merchant account. Any help would be fully appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreatSageCorban

new day, still have these issues. bumping to the top.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wtfbrb

Total Posts:  8

I get this same issue except it is preventing me from uploading images. (not the google base issue)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrantoniodavid

New Jersey, U.S.

I don’t think “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” is an error.  It’s found in /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/helper/gallery.phtml and isn’t wrapped in conditionals - meaning it is always displayed.

@GreatSageCorban The Google base issue is probably something different.

@wtfbrb could be a number of issues, folder permissions on the server, Flash uploader not being browser compatible, php.ini limitations, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

francisco_rizzo

Total Posts:  1

alguem jah conseguiu resolver este problema???

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShailendraKhare

Total Posts:  4

solution for the error “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. “…
I was facing the same error in “ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 “,but when i use chrome,there was no error...u may also try this....I think there is some error in browser....try in chrome u will not face this error..

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiareu

Total Posts:  11
Bucharest - Romania

I have the same image upload problem on Mavento 1.6.0

Image Attachments
magento_uplod.error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

james101

Total Posts:  2

I am getting this message aswell.

Really odd as it’s uploading my images but really pixelating them despite them being the correct size?

any ideas if the “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view” is causing this.

see more store here for reference:
http://www.yesformulas.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

AUAllIn

Total Posts:  8

Same issues here. Have tried the fixed listed above with no luck.  Works on a virtualized PC on my mac with any browser but none of the browsers work through OSX.  In a test I have tried using another Mac and it is working.  Seems to be a mac OSX software issue and not an issue with magento itself. Digging into this one further to see what is causing it. Maybe a firewall issue on the mac?  Or a combo of apps running on the mac… HUMM.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brucescientific

Total Posts:  3

the problem occurs if you use firefox but not if you use internet explorer.
there is a similar issue with the wysiwyg editor only works correctly in firefox but not in ie

Magento Community
Magento Community

hippoglollum

Total Posts:  97

Same issue here with magento 1.6.2.0

I’m on OSX and i tried browsing by Chrome, Firefox and Safari and all presents the issue.
I tried also on Internet Explorer on a Parallel Desktop machine but the message is always displayed.

Did Anyone find a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community