Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pet Fun Shop now online! 

Vevelt

Total Posts:  19
Itzehoe in Germany

Hi MagentoCommunity,

a friend of mine asked me if i could relaunch his business-website. He wanted to have an onlineshop for selling his pet stuff. I started the “project” using XTCommerce/osCommerce but i got stuck in development, because codebase there is years old and very confusing. So I tried Magento and this was the right choose. Shop is online for just over one week now:
Pet Fun Shop

In the moment it is only available in German because of a defect in the admin-panel which causes heavy problems with editing custom options for multiple languages, but in version 1.1.5 the bug should be resolved so the shop will be multilanguage soon (englisch, later danish and maybe swedish).

The most interesting thing in the shop should be the eBay-Box in the left column: there is a cronjob which gets the running auctions via eBay API and provides an XML document. This document is used to display the running actions in the eBay-Box. Nice function to have these auctions integrated in the layout of the shop.

Actualy we aren’t using much of the functions provided by MagentoCommerce, but I think we will provide new functions within the next months…

CU, Vevelt.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex Vorn

Total Posts:  12

nice site! but i didn’t found nothing for my dog! :(((

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Vevelt

Total Posts:  19