Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Search result not working on 1.4

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello,

Take a look this search extension which enables the Sphinx-powered search with high-performance and more relevant search results Sphinx Search Ultimate

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

You probably removed this

<block type="catalogsearch/layer" name="catalogsearch.leftnav" after="-" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
from catalogsearch.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

puntable

Total Posts:  50
Denmark

This is still problem in Magento 1.8 and falkone solution on page 2 still works like a charm.
Thanks smile

falkone - 01 January 2011 11:14 AM

I’ve the same Problem and fixed it by edit the app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block Result.php

Uncomment the line 149 and 150

//        $this->getListBlock()
//           ->setCollection($this->_getProductCollection());
to
$this->getListBlock()
           ->
setCollection($this->_getProductCollection());

Change line 172
$this->_productCollection $this->getListBlock()->getLoadedProductCollection();
to the old code from Version 1.4.1.1
$this->_productCollection Mage::getSingleton('catalogsearch/layer')->getProductCollection();

It works fine for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DannyW87

Total Posts:  2

TheBigLaskowski - 05 September 2012 06:57 AM

I too have the same issue, cleared all cache\\\\\\\’s, re-indexed everything, tried the result.php tweak and still nada, my search results return some of the newer products added to my site, but some of the most basic search terms bring up nothing, searched every thread online and tried everything grrrrrrr........... very frustrated.

I’ve just been suffering the same problem on 1.7.0.2, with only select products displaying on search results. Tried all sorts from all different websites / threads and nothing worked. Finally decided to try one more thing, which was bulk edit products and change their status. Filter the products grid to Enabled status, select all then update attributes. Scroll down to status and change this to enabled, save changes and wait for it to load (depending on how many sku’s you have, could take a couple of minutes). Once this was done, all my products started appearing again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4