Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Search result not working on 1.4

namtra

Total Posts:  1

I just installed Magento 1.4. Every thing work but the search.

When I use the top search the ajax search display the right possible results below the field, when I click one I get to the search result page,
At the top of the result page the right product name show next to “Search result for” but below that it always display the same product no matter what search I do.

Store Admin Dashboard Search numbers are correct.
Magento cache is off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sheri

Total Posts:  26
Tennessee

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? It looks like this was posted quite some time ago. All the fixes I’ve found on here are for earlier versions and not applicable to version 1.4.0.1 stable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

Total Posts:  38
East Texas

i have the same problem.. most of my products in one acategory have the same word in the description and name.. but i get no results on the top search (not advanced search).. everything seems to be working but the search at this point.. cache is off..

why is it taking so long to get an answer form this very important issue.. is there a fix or a post to help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timnguyen

Total Posts:  5

Hi guys, I have the same problem too. I configured the “Search Engines Optimization” but it still stage “Your search returns no results.”

Anyone know what is happening? Please help us.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

timnguyen

Total Posts:  5

Hehe, I’ve just found the solution:

Go to admin > System > Index Management.
Then, select all the indexes > Pick action is “Reindex data” > Press “Submit”.

Enjoy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

Total Posts:  38
East Texas

i solved my problem with changing the price attribute and a couple of others to be excluded from the search and now it is working.. although I am having another problem.. Im getting an error on the price index.. Can\’t initialize indexer process.

my search is now working.. but what about this other error?

any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

Anybody else have this problem that found Re-indexing does not work? We have re-indexed, cleared all cache...to no avail.

Magento Community
Magento Community

engillis

Total Posts:  14
United States

Just installed and setup 1.4.1.0.... Search not working....  Cleared and turned off all caches, reindexed all indexes = problem solved.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

We also had Enhanced Search installed. We got rid of that extension and the problem is solved.

Now we just need a suitable search function that actually works well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Total Posts:  85

Having same problem after upgrading from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0-rc2 and importing some products. Disabled cache, reindexed, manually deleted cache folders - but I still see the same 112 results (there are over 4000 products on the site) no matter what I search for - even for searches that should return no results.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

This is now becoming a major problem. Definitely related to the upgrade and not the product upload as the same products are returned on both the live and development websites (products have been uploaded to the live website only).

Tried:

Clearing all caches in backend.
Disabling all caches in backend.
Reindexing.
Manually clearing cache and session data from /var/.
Truncating the catalogsearch_result table and rebuilding indexes.
Disabling, saving, enabling then saving a product to see if it appears in the results (it doesn’t).

I don’t know what is left to try. It is imperative I get this working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Is anyone else running 1.4.2.0-rc2 or 1.4.2.0 stable and experiencing the same problem?

I really hope 1.4.2.0 isn’t another ‘stable’ version of Magento CE that has an essential core feature that is plain broken. I had to upgrade from 1.4.1.1 ‘stable’ because of the memory leak preventing me from mass importing or exporting products.

1.4.2.x ‘actually stable’ may be the last Magento version I bother to develop for.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Some (small) progress:

The items that are showing up all have one thing in common - they are not listed under any categories. Products that are in categories do not show up at all using the search.

I have some idea where to look now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Riftlord

Total Posts:  36

I\’ve got the same sort of problem can\’t refresh layered index\’s can\’t search just get blank screen and getting this in the logs

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getLoadedProductCollection() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block/Result.php on line 172

There is a getLoadedProductCollection in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php and i tried putting a require_once(\’/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php\’);
in there but that didn\’t work.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Riftlord - 09 December 2010 07:13 AM

I\’ve got the same sort of problem can\’t refresh layered index\’s can\’t search just get blank screen and getting this in the logs

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getLoadedProductCollection() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block/Result.php on line 172

There is a getLoadedProductCollection in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php and i tried putting a require_once(\’/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php\’);
in there but that didn\’t work.

Any ideas?

I have no problem refreshing indexes - the result page itself does show.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Clean install of 1.4.2.0 stable.

Catalog search is STILL not working (product data imported - tested on default theme).

Does anyone have the normal catalog search working on 1.4.2.0 stable before I file a bug report?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4