Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I set Email Sender to the customer’s info? 

tartan

Total Posts:  25

I’d like inquiries from people who use the Contact Us form on my site to be mailed to me using the customers’ name and email address.

In this way, my ticketing system (OTRS) can auto-reply to these users with a pre-assigned ticket number.  As it is with Magento 1.1.5, I can only set the sender of such emails to be one of my pre-defined addresses.

OTRS (or any other ticketing system) could operate more efficiently if it had the correct From: and Reply-to: fields, so it could populate the tickets with the correct info.

I recognize the potential for abuse, but tools like Captcha, etc. can be added to mitigate this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brianpat

Total Posts:  44

Hi,

discussion about captcha is in the following url:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11022/

Thanks
Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

tartan

Thanks for the captcha thread.  What I’m really looking for in *this* thread is a way to change the Contact Us email’s From and Reply-to fields.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tartan

It works in 1.1.5—thanks!

I don’t find any configuration in admin.  What files does this modify?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tartan

novalis - 25 September 2008 01:22 PM

Hi, it just overrides the contacts Controller postAction, look in app/code/local/Exanto/Contacts/… for details. ATM there are no configuration options. I can’t imagine anything that should be configurable at this point anyway wink

Greetz,
Nov

Thanks.  I’m just trying to figure out where to change the subject as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community